• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't often post on Exeweb these days but, for what it's worth, after 16 years and the significant progress made by the club both on and off the pitch, I don't understand the resistance, active or passive, to becoming a Trust member.

We are a unique club in the EFL. Yes there are several other Trust owned clubs but I honestly believe that we have more momentum and solidity of purpose and direction than any of them. The emergence of eight candidates in this year's election shows how vibrant and relevant the Trust still is.

It was a minimum of £2 a month to become a member in 2003 and it's £2 now. What else has a price that has remained static over all that time?

It's a free country of course (well, at the moment anyway) but why not consider becoming a Trust member? If you're a fan of the club, even slightly, it makes sense.
Personally I'm not resistant to joining the Trust. For me it's just a bit of laziness and the hassle of sending money out of the country in which I live. Everything is extremely bureaucratic here and I already have to deal with enough.
As you say, it's only 2 quid a month so it's hardly prohibitive. My guess is that many are the same : just can't get up off their arses and sort it.
I will say I'm a bit hard-headed too and the more people say (and it"s been said) that non-Trust members are not real supporters or have no right to comment about this and that then the less likely I am to join.

Dannyred

I don't often post on Exeweb these days but, for what it's worth, after 16 years and the significant progress made by the club both on and off the pitch, I don't understand the resistance, active or passive, to becoming a Trust member.

We are a unique club in the EFL. Yes there are several other Trust owned clubs but I honestly believe that we have more momentum and solidity of purpose and direction than any of them. The emergence of eight candidates in this year's election shows how vibrant and relevant the Trust still is.

It was a minimum of £2 a month to become a member in 2003 and it's £2 now. What else has a price that has remained static over all that time?

It's a free country of course (well, at the moment anyway) but why not consider becoming a Trust member? If you're a fan of the club, even slightly, it makes sense.
i know several who pay £2 a month and only turn up for big cup game. I also know people who have no interest in joining the trust but go to every game.

So which is the best type of fan ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't understand the resistance, active or passive, to becoming a Trust member.
Me either.

Their choice, of course, and one respects that. No-one should be pressured into doing something they want don't want to do; in some cases it's clearly inertia rather than any opposition in principle.

But I have occasionally asked people who are diehard City fans and for whom inertia is not an issue why they don't want to join the Trust and generally you get examination of the polish on their toecaps. One person did they preferred the idea of having a rich owner (who?) and that the Trust was holding the club back, but didn't really explain further.

IndoMike

i know several who pay £2 a month and only turn up for big cup game. I also know people who have no interest in joining the trust but go to every game.

Neither is the best type of fan. People support their team in many different ways : it's up to them how they want to support. Joining the Trust is a good thing but not joining the Trust (for whatever reason) is not a sin.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

There's many other types of fan too. I just think "why wouldn't you join ?"

Alistair20000

Nooooo. Why would I?
Why wouldn’t you ?

IndoMike

Why wouldn’t you ?
But why would I have problems filling in the membership form? I'm sure I could

Ash

What a ridiculous post.

It is an ideal place for those wanting to stand as trustees as not all fans post on here but many read.
I am in complete agreement with a post made by Dannyred. Either I'm currently dreaming or Hell has indeed frozen over.

Rosencrantz

What a change it makes deciding which of the available options are the best candidates to vote for rather than the which is the least worse as in some other elections I could think of 😉

Red Bill

Think someone has already suggested it but will those candidates who whish to, have their own election thread on here so members can put questions to them. Seem to remember this happening at least once before.
Perhaps one of the admins could contact the candidates and invite them? I for one would certainly like to hear from them.