• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome to Don Valley Stadium on Saturday

finetime

I really wouldn't reccommend drinking around Attercliffe. It's a dump and less than friendly..

Best bet head to the city centre if you want to drink and then you can catch a tram straight to the ground (it's the Meadowhall tram not the other one!!). Football shirts are quite often not welcome in the city centre pubs so bare it in mind when you're drinking.

For people getting the train there's a decent pub, The Howard, opposite the station for a few jars before getting the tram up to the ground (the tram stop is attached to the station).

Lots more info on away days forum!

tallone

Hiya Rotherham fan.... Thanks for your wishes.
BTW.. can you pop round your training ground and explain to your lads that a trip to Bury is much prefered to the far South West on a cold wet Tuesday night in Feb ;)

APhillips

Hi Rotherham Fan,

Can you tell me if you have a Club Shop at the Don Valley? I always like a browse on an away day so was a little miffed when Bournemouth's was shut down at Dean Court back in August!

bradley1

Hiya Rotherham fan.... Thanks for your wishes.
BTW.. can you pop round your training ground and explain to your lads that a trip to Bury is much prefered to the far South West on a cold wet Tuesday night in Feb ;)
Can we have less of that please:)

I think they would rather go to you and make a lovely weekend of it.

AndrewP

In all seriousness, given that we took 1600+ to Brentford and this is a game of greater gravity.......Is 2000 still not a conservative estimate and if so, Will Rotherham/Don Valley have contingencies to ensure we all get in ?.

Whilst don valley is big, don't forget that (I believe) the Stewarding ratio's have to be as per regulations. ie. they may have the space on the day, but if they aint got enough stewards they can't admit more crowd.

I do hope Our club liase with Rotherham properly and get the numbers as accurate as poss, I have a fear thanks to recent events that it aint gonna be plane sailing. It's a heck of a way to go not to get in.

Dubai Grecian

In all seriousness, given that we took 1600+ to Brentford and this is a game of greater gravity.......Is 2000 still not a conservative estimate and if so, Will Rotherham/Don Valley have contingencies to ensure we all get in ?.

Whilst don valley is big, don't forget that (I believe) the Stewarding ratio's have to be as per regulations. ie. they may have the space on the day, but if they aint got enough stewards they can't admit more crowd.

I do hope Our club liase with Rotherham properly and get the numbers as accurate as poss, I have a fear thanks to recent events that it aint gonna be plane sailing. It's a heck of a way to go not to get in.
Good point, it may mean a few putting on northern accents for five mins as they enter the home end then, not ideal...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good point, it may mean a few putting on northern accents for five mins as they enter the home end then, not ideal...
NOW he tells us...
....could (probably) get t' cloth cap in time but bit too late now to get a train ticket for t' bloooody whipp't ;)

All I can say do is try practicing "eeh bah gm" & "Ilkley Moor bah t'at" :mad:

Last edited:

Rotherham Fan

Hello and thanks for the welcome. As Pete suggests that 2000 home crowd last time out should be the Grecian support for this huge game. Am I right in thinking we have pretty much as much seats as we want? Your website doesnt give too much info on the Don valley. Is there ample parking? Whats the cost? Does it take hours to leave the ground (as per Oxford)? Food and drink, pubs nearby? Any info would be great for may of us im sure.
I dont think you will outnumber the home support, it'll probably be 50/50. You'll have no trouble at the turnstiles, they'll be enough room for around 2500/3000 of youse. Parking's good, loads of nearby side streets, loads of nearby pubs, but most are dives but hey, they sell beer so what the hell!
Getting away after the game may take time, as youre on the main Sheffield/ Rotherham dual carrigeway, with lights every 100 yards or so, (seems like it anyhow), & it also clogs traffic up if theres any evening event at the nearby Sheffield Arena, (Girls Aloud were there recently).
Admission prices are £20 for the upper tier, & £18 for the lower tier, & between you & me, buy lower tier & sit where the hell you like, cos no-one checks. Facilities are good, with beer & food served in the concorses, & its pretty good quality & reasonably priced too. Main problem with DVS IS LACK OF ATMOSPHERE BECAUSE ONLY THE MAIN STAND SIDE IS OPEN, DUE TO US ONLY HAVING A SAFETY CERTIFICATE FOR A MAXIMUM OF 10,000, sorry, forgot caps lock was on & i aint typing that lot again....lol!!
Most importantly of all Grecians fans, enjoy your day!!!

Rotherham Fan

Hi Rotherham Fan,

Can you tell me if you have a Club Shop at the Don Valley? I always like a browse on an away day so was a little miffed when Bournemouth's was shut down at Dean Court back in August!
We do, but unfortunately for you guys it's housed in the stand in the home end, sorry & all that, but its possibly because its only our temporary home & it's really an Athletics stadium.

Red the Paper

Banned
Excellent info Rotherham fan. Much appreciated. Any pubs you would definately avoid?