• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Oxford Utd Matchday Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pity to go out like that, Hopefully Bolton destroy them in the playoffs.
And now that the season is over you can kick back on your hols by getting this one on Kindle Unlimited for Free (£1.99 otherwise)

Currently Number 6 on the Top Selling Football League List

Mid Devon Grecian

Pity to go out like that, Hopefully Bolton destroy them in the playoffs.
And now that the season is over you can kick back on your hols by getting this one on Kindle Unlimited for Free (£1.99 otherwise)

Currently Number 6 on the Top Selling Football League List
Cheers Brian, just downloaded it!

ryancooper327

Think Niskanen needs to be a back up next season. Need new starting WBs, left and right. Harper is injury prone and Niskanen just doesn’t do it for me, fine for a deputy though. We need Woods (or similar!) too. Cole not great today either. Very much a last day of the season feeling from kick off.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Off goes the pyro!
I had to the stand in the Bank today after I forgot to get my seats

Let the conspiracy theories begin

🔥

Mid Devon Grecian

Think Niskanen needs to be a back up next season. Need new starting WBs, left and right. Harper is injury prone and Niskanen just doesn’t do it for me, fine for a deputy though. We need Woods (or similar!) too. Cole not great today either. Very much a last day of the season feeling from kick off.
Thought atmosphere was a bit flat in the ground most of the game. Even after we’d scored.

Some lazy/tired passing out there today. Officials were poor which didn’t help.

Still we could only have dreamt of finishing 13th just before Xmas so all in all a good end to the season.

iscalad

Lino on the Doble was very poor. 2nd Oxford goal was well offside. He gave Oxford a throw in when it hit our player who was off the pitch.
Met two older than me codgers on the bus who didn't realise it was a 12.30 kick off.
All in all a bit of a disappointing day.

Grecian Max

Terrible first half where we played like we have done for at least 50% of the season at home. Overplaying it for ages in areas we didn’t need to and then a classic Sweeney giveaway for a goal.

Second half much improved and enjoyable where we really took it to them. Rankine looked sharper than Watts and Alli is going to be so important to us next season. When we get going like and it clicks it’s so much better. Missed Woods big time.

Sort of summed up our season - we clearly can compete with some of the best teams but have a patchiness to our approach where we rarely play well for the entire 90

Very happy with our position but Christ give me some goals at home next season, we’ve ended with an a average of 0.7 goals a game at home!

Antony Moxey

Awful first half, decent second. Might have got something with a bit of luck. In the end the result was a deserved one. Don’t agree with assessment of Niskanen, and thought Sweeney and Aimson very off the ball today. Liked Harris and thought Aitchison and Neon Dion made a huge difference to the ineffective Cox and Watts.

Glad to have a couple of months off now, but would be absolutely delighted to see Sinisalo, Woods and Rankine here permanently next season. Right, now to start sorting out the garden on a Saturday afternoon.

Antony Moxey

Lino on the Doble was very poor. 2nd Oxford goal was well offside. He gave Oxford a throw in when it hit our player who was off the pitch.
Met two older than me codgers on the bus who didn't realise it was a 12.30 kick off.
All in all a bit of a disappointing day.
Second Oxford goal was a penalty…

Grecian Max

Im very excited about Alli, looks like he has everything Caldwell wants a striker; hold up play, quick feet, good movement, can shoot with his feet, competes in the air