• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

Bridgy 81

Although most people think us trying to get Harris and Ryan Woods back on loan next season would be good (including me) I think a return for Trevitt could be a handy thing too.
I’ve noticed he’s been on the bench for Brentford recently, so he’s presumably recovered from his injury.
For different reasons our two young Premier League loanees only got half the season they were expecting to have with us this year.
And as I believe it was both player’s first experience of league football as well maybe a repeat for them might serve all parties.
With these three, Cole, maybe a further season for Carroll, signing up Mitchell plus Richards and Borges knocking on the door that’d be our midfield more than done and dusted at least until January.
Just a goalkeeper, a right wingback and a couple of strikers to go!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although most people think us trying to get Harris and Ryan Woods back on loan next season would be good (including me) I think a return for Trevitt could be a handy thing too.
I’ve noticed he’s been on the bench for Brentford recently, so he’s presumably recovered from his injury.
For different reasons our two young Premier League loanees only got half the season they were expecting to have with us this year.
And as I believe it was both player’s first experience of league football as well maybe a repeat for them might serve all parties.
With these three, Cole, maybe a further season for Carroll, signing up Mitchell plus Richards and Borges knocking on the door that’d be our midfield more than done and dusted at least until January.
Just a goalkeeper, a right wingback and a couple of strikers to go!
Ah strikers. Let’s hope we can get it right from the off with signings this time.High hopes though that Alli and Cox will give us a good start in that direction.

denzel

Ah strikers. Let’s hope we can get it right from the off with signings this time.High hopes though that Alli and Cox will give us a good start in that direction.
Alli and Cox are a good start but we also need an experienced one up front.
Playing them both didn't work on Saturday

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve been thinking about how many strikers we’re likely to sign this summer…I’d expected us to bring in a couple, but as we mostly play with one ‘no.9’ and with both Cox and Alli showing some quality, I kind of feel one striker would be enough.

Of course, that’s providing they’re all going to stay fit in the coming season. But it just feels like having 4 senior strikers for one position could have its drawbacks. What do we think??

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve been thinking about how many strikers we’re likely to sign this summer…I’d expected us to bring in a couple, but as we mostly play with one ‘no.9’ and with both Cox and Alli showing some quality, I kind of feel one striker would be enough.

Of course, that’s providing they’re all going to stay fit in the coming season. But it just feels like having 4 senior strikers for one position could have its drawbacks. What do we think??
I would like, a main striker, first team starter to join Alli / Cox (Clarke-Harris would be the type I would like, but obviously he won't be joining us, but someone of that ilk) and a young striker with development potential if we don't have one in the wings.

I would like Woods, Harris and Carroll retained if possible, alongside a returning Ryan Trevitt. Demi Mitchell to sign on again if possible and in goal I would like Cameron Dawson back. Obviously all realistic expectations :ROFLMAO:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle Taylor confirmed as leaving on Exeter City News X account.

Also Off the line's view of potential signings Off The Line Blog – Showcasing the best of the EFL and Non-League (wordpress.com)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle Taylor confirmed as leaving on Exeter City News X account.

Also Off the line's view of potential signings Off The Line Blog – Showcasing the best of the EFL and Non-League (wordpress.com)
Whilst it is the right decision for all involved, it is a real shame that the injury to Taylor caused him to not play for us as much as he could have, decent footballer, but needs to go to League 2 or Conference to get games under his belt and rebuild

iscalad

Alli and Cox are a good start but we also need an experienced one up front.
Playing them both didn't work on Saturday
I would say playing 4 at the back was the problem.

Exehausted

I would say playing 4 at the back was the problem.
Exactly, and Gary said as much in his interview after the match.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like, a main striker, first team starter to join Alli / Cox (Clarke-Harris would be the type I would like, but obviously he won't be joining us, but someone of that ilk) and a young striker with development potential if we don't have one in the wings.
Seems fair. Getting someone in who can develop and be a ‘project’ would give us that extra bit of depth and potentially become a regular in a season or two.

I get the feeling GC will be looking for a physical presence up front. Alli is obviously very powerful but having someone who can mix it up a bit and be a real focal point would be useful. We’ve been linked with the likes of Cardwell, Presley, Bair etc who all fit that mould.