• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Toodle-oo Bucks

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_rovers/9487061.stm

Sounds like ol' Bucks is pretty desperate to jump ship from that interview.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
You beat me to it.

Sure sounds like he wants out sooner, rather than later. Perhaps he knows if he stays there too long, his cv will go downhill, quicker than a skier on laxatives <titter>

Southampton Gull

You beat me to it.

Sure sounds like he wants out sooner, rather than later. Perhaps he knows if he stays there too long, his cv will go downhill, quicker than a skier on laxatives <titter>
Nothing has been decided but I'm told he is almost certainly off. Rovers aren't the only clubs interested in taking him off our hands though.

With the Granstand funding that's needed I'm not sure we can give him the budget he wants so it's not really a surprise he's looking elsewhere, the Board view the security of the long term future of the club much more important which is fine by me. That said, if we did miraculously get promoted then they might just give him what he wants and ask him to keep us there.

geoffwp

Nothing has been decided but I'm told he is almost certainly off. Rovers aren't the only clubs interested in taking him off our hands though.

With the Granstand funding that's needed I'm not sure we can give him the budget he wants so it's not really a surprise he's looking elsewhere, the Board view the security of the long term future of the club much more important which is fine by me. That said, if we did miraculously get promoted then they might just give him what he wants and ask him to keep us there.
Banter aside that is a pretty honest and sensible summing up. Situation probably very little different than us. Both clubs enjoying a period, over several years, of consistent improvement. Both with young managers who will attract attention, as both have shown they can produce success within the means of relatively limited budgets, and both are ambitous. If Bucks leaves Torquay will survive, just as we will when Tiz goes. Make you right on the L1 promotion bit though. he may very well be tempted to stay to tackle his first season as an L1 manager. Would do no harm to his CV at all.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Banter aside that is a pretty honest and sensible summing up. Situation probably very little different than us. Both clubs enjoying a period, over several years, of consistent improvement. Both with young managers who will attract attention, as both have shown they can produce success within the means of relatively limited budgets, and both are ambitous. If Bucks leaves Torquay will survive, just as we will when Tiz goes. Make you right on the L1 promotion bit though. he may very well be tempted to stay to tackle his first season as an L1 manager. Would do no harm to his CV at all.
Unless they finish on less points than Stockport <snigger>

col46upwood

If and its a BIG if we get promoted,cant see why he would want to go the "GAS" as they would be a L2 club.Backward step if you ask me.
Either way, Bucks has giving me back my team from the shambles it was when we were relegated to the BSP and for that I wish him all the best in whatever he decides.

Red the Paper

Banned
Think Buckle is better than going to Rovers. He has proved his credentials in non league and in League 2. He should wait til the end of the month and see what is around as many clubs will sack in the next few weeks as they prepare for next season.

Southampton Gull

Think Buckle is better than going to Rovers. He has proved his credentials in non league and in League 2. He should wait til the end of the month and see what is around as many clubs will sack in the next few weeks as they prepare for next season.
You should read the thread on our Banter & Other Football Board, full of Gas fans going on about how huge they are and how they are merely a Championship club in waiting, absolutely hilarious. It seems the only other options for Bucks that could surpass the offer from Rovers would be if Sir Alex retired or Wenger got sacked.

I can't wait to view the matchday threads when they play Northampton, talking about how it's a future Champions League fixture.

Southampton Gull

I think most Gulls fans would say the same if they were honest. There's no pressure on us fans or the players, if we go up then what an achievement for a club our size with the budget that goes with it and with such apathetic support locally. The last few home games have produced a really good atmosphere but ubfortunately it never happens all season long. We have a large contingent of exiles that find it hard to get to midweek home games especially in the winter and crowds dwindle to under 2000, we can't really complain if we have to settle for mid-table mediocrity in League Two.

Whatever happens in the play-offs it's been a great season for us, such a shame we played so badly against Crawley, that draw against Man U could have put us right on your heels.

Red the Paper

Banned
You should read the thread on our Banter & Other Football Board, full of Gas fans going on about how huge they are and how they are merely a Championship club in waiting, absolutely hilarious. It seems the only other options for Bucks that could surpass the offer from Rovers would be if Sir Alex retired or Wenger got sacked.

I can't wait to view the matchday threads when they play Northampton, talking about how it's a future Champions League fixture.
You won't be bothering with League 2 next season, you will have the likes of Preston, Sheffield Utd/Wednesday and Charlton to discuss. Buckle was always liked at City IMO and was instrumental in helping Tisdale get it right I think. He seems able to get the best out of difficult characters like Zebrowski.

It always amazes me how fans of these supposedly "big" clubs always say they are a Premiership or Championship club in waiting when other clubs aren't waiting they are doing. It is exactly the head in the sand attitude that in many cases has caused their demise in the first place.

If you don't mind Dave I hope Torquay get promoted if only for the fact I will enjoy your relegation next season