• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you

Jon Challinor

I just wanted to say thank you for your tremendous support over the past two years. I have really enjoyed playing for Exeter city and was extremely disappointed that I was unable to help return Exeter to the football league.

There have been several things written about me within the last few days, the majority of which are untrue. I did sign for Rushden on Monday, and am therefore no longer an Exeter player. I did have discussions before signing with Gary Hill, but my decision wasn't finalised until I signed my contract on Monday. It is untrue that I was in Rushden on Saturday. In fact I was still in Exeter. My reasons for signing are very different from the rumours going around. I have not signed for Rushden due to being paid more money, in fact I am taking a pay cut to play for them. I did believe that if I were to leave Exeter it would be for a particular league club, however this has fallen through. My family and my fiancées family live, or are moving to the Peterborough area, and this has been the overwhelming reason to return along with the fact that Gary Hill wants to play me as a central attacking midfielder which is my preferred position. I have spoken to Paul Tisdale - he understands my reasons for leaving and we have left on good terms.

Exeter has been a great club to play for and I hope that you are able to take your rightful place in the football league.

Good luck for the future

Jon Challinor

p6steve

I'm always suspicious when people come on here masquerading as football players - I'm no less suspicious about this one!
His post is pretty much gramatically perfect - not saying Jon wouldn't be capable of it, but it's very unusual - he is a footballer after all.
Of course, if you are the real Jon Challinor, please accept my apologies - and good luck at Rubbish and Dustbins.....

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
If that's the case, and you are the real JC, then fair enough......(I also retract my potential booing!)

Or will I just be the first to be whoooshed?! ;)

everexe

If this is really you Jon, then thanx for the message, i for one understand what you are saying, but still have to say i think it is a backward step to sign for Rushden, i,ll gladly wager £500 that we finish above the dustbins next season............and i thought you wanted league football? no chance there mate, anyway all the best, i for one will give you a cheer when we play the dustbins next season.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
It convinced me as well but you do never know.

Football is a such a circus at times, who knows what to believe any more. :S

All we know is that he's gone and we will move on [ecfc]

dazzah

Block 136 row 3 come on you mighty grecians.......
[G] i was thinking to myself that it was rather well written,not saying that JC is not intelligent but most footballers aren't that articulate.If it is you JC all the best but I will still be booing you next season!!![ecfc] [ecfc]

Boston Red

no chance there mate, anyway all the best, i for one will give you a cheer when we play the dustbins next season.
Could be a good place to be in the shop window though. At the end of this year, we weren't even guaranteeing him first team football...the opportunity to play in his favoured position makes sense for him I suppose.

Good luck Jon...all the best.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
His post is pretty much gramatically perfect - not saying Jon wouldn't be capable of it, but it's very unusual - he is a footballer after all.
Probably written on his behalf by his agent - if it's true it is from JC's camp

Still think that the 'loss' has been the inability for JC & the team to find a way of playing which allowed both to flourish to their fullest potential

02quarmano1

if u are the real jc then gd luck !! but be expect to get booed !!

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well there's no doubting that Mr Challinor has family and other connections in the area (a quick look at www.soccerbase.com supports that).

Also everything in the Op seems reasonable, so whether the author is genuinely him or not I for one wish him well whilst retaining my right to cut him little if any slack when he returns to SJP next season.

Just for once, I'm going to suspend my normal weariness and cynicism and take this Op on face value - all the best JC.