• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A face you would never tire of punching

Stelios

A modest-sized custard pie for Priti Patel, for looking so smug in most of her photographs.
Make it a large one..........

Reactions: DB9

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forgot this one but Hector Christie, One bloke who's smug as hell and probably in London holding up traffic and people going about their lives
Are you on about the same Hector Christie I know, resides in North Devon and used to play football for various North Devon sides.

grecIAN Harris

I've never seen her face but the female commentator on MOTD deserves a custard pie.
Call me sexist but any female commentator for either football or cricket. Sorry girls but you just don't have vocal stature to do the job justice.

DB9

Are you on about the same Hector Christie I know, resides in North Devon and used to play football for various North Devon sides.
The very same

StroudGrecian

Call me sexist but any female commentator for either football or cricket. Sorry girls but you just don't have vocal stature to do the job justice.
Pie for Harris please.

elginCity

There is some sympathy with the view of Harris; believe the problem being that the female tries hard to copy the shouty style of the male commentator and it can come across as shrill.

Being new to the game, the girls just need to develop their own style of commentating, one that suits them.

elginCity

Norman Smith

Rosencrantz

"Sexist" :) .

I know you bang on about female commentators in football but cricket? Ali Mitchell has been a good commentator for a long time on cricket and Isa Guha and Mel Jones have also impressed me.

During the Women's Football World Cup, I would much rather have had Vicki Sparks commentate on the England games than Jonathan (not a patch on Barry Davies) Pearce. I think it is a matter of getting used to it as other sports have had female commentators for a long time which we have become accustomed to for example Tennis, Athletics etc.

Grecian2K

Custard Pie for Rees-Mogg….or should that be an Eton Mess??

Stelios

"Sexist" :) .

I know you bang on about female commentators in football but cricket? Ali Mitchell has been a good commentator for a long time on cricket and Isa Guha and Mel Jones have also impressed me.

During the Women's Football World Cup, I would much rather have had Vicki Sparks commentate on the England games than Jonathan (not a patch on Barry Davies) Pearce. I think it is a matter of getting used to it as other sports have had female commentators for a long time which we have become accustomed to for example Tennis, Athletics etc.
I know it makes me a terrible person but do have some sympathy with what grecIAN Harris is saying re: football commentators. There is a particular kind of shouty female "OH MY GOD I'M A FOOTBALL COMMENTATOR" voice that is a bit "nails on a blackboard" for me.

I like the cricket commentators though. Ali Mitchell is a star and would love her to take over from Aggers as and when he goes. And Jonathan Pearce was hard work during the WWC.