• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Sparkes was outstanding 2nd half vs Orient.
He certainly was and it was mainly due to the fact he was playing in a more attacking role.

Sparkes can do a job at left back / left wing back however if we want to get the very best out of him we need to play him further forward.

His main asset is his crossing ability.

budegrecian

He was excellent again tonight.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was excellent again tonight.
He is definitely growing in confidence and taking his man on in the right areas of the pitch. His corners were mainly very good tonight, whipped in with pace not allowing the keeper to come and claim as has been the case before this season with Williams and Law floating them in.

andrew p long

Wonderful how he has seamlessly become a first choice,starting six consecutive games. And too good /valuable to use in the Checkatrade or U23s. I see he gets plenty of MOM nominations too.

The rest of the football world will wake up to him,once he scores from either one of those thunderbolts or after a mazy dribble.

exeter-loyal

Wonderful how he has seamlessly become a first choice,starting six consecutive games. And too good /valuable to use in the Checkatrade or U23s. I see he gets plenty of MOM nominations too.

The rest of the football world will wake up to him,once he scores from either one of those thunderbolts or after a mazy dribble.
I can see one of them coming very soon, to be honest I thought he had done it in the first half on Tuesday night only for the keeper to make a finger tip save.

GrecianExile

I’ve been really impressed with Sparkes so far!

Stelios

I've been very impressed by Sparkes too. Must confess to not knowing much about him before this season but he's looked good. Makes a difference when he comes on. Physically strong. Very confident on the ball and going forward. Can beat a player (or three) and can cross. Would he be more effective playing further forward?

IndoMike

I've been very impressed by Sparkes too. Must confess to not knowing much about him before this season but he's looked good. Makes a difference when he comes on. Physically strong. Very confident on the ball and going forward. Can beat a player (or three) and can cross. Would he be more effective playing further forward?
Yes.

Oliver

If I recall correctly used to have an eye for a goal or two at youth and under 18 level, just a question , could he be turned into a left sided striker, or a goal scoring midfielder which would or could fulfill a need team needs at the moment.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack is one of only 11 teenagers to have played more than 1 000 minutes in the league this season.