• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Saturday 12th February - Notts County v ECFC Prediction Thread

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
The Exiles have found a beer festival near the ground. Won't by any skimpy dressed women, but proper beer that Hooters won't have.
Beer fest it will be....there is a pub nearby with it's own micro brewery so I believe.

rick whitemore

City to scrape a lucky 1-0 due to a Notts County own goal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Over 200 tickets already sold, so could be a reasonable turn out of Grecians.

Gin Trap

Over 200 tickets already sold, so could be a reasonable turn out of Grecians.
200 isn't bad considering the bad slump were in at the moment, ino I predicted 250 but probably looking at about 350-400 Grecians now I'd say.

Cravat 2

City fans are fecking brilliant and loyal. I hate seeing people criticise the supporters.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Offensive quote removed
Obviously not quite so bright yourself. Be it intentional or not, if you play four central midfielders in a four man midfield you'll end up with some kind of diamond shape (it might be a bit rough mind). This is because the two players who were meant to play wide will naturally come inside which is exactly what Sercombe and Harley did in the last two games against Southampton and Brentford. We don't have the full backs who can do the length of the pitch with only two centre halves (the third centre half gives Tulls and Goldborne the insurance policy of cover if they get caught forward) and this cuts the width to our play.
As for being a spastic, get out from your little hidey hole behind your keyboard, come and say it to my face and then I'll kindly help you up on to your feet again. I'll take most insults but not that........

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Payne 2

NC 1 City 1

GeraintJones

Seems opinion is divided on team selection. If Tully is out then I doubt Tis will go back to our wing back system. For what it's worth I would go with the following...

-----------------------------------------Hamer-------------------------------------------------

Duffy----------------------Taylor-----------------------Troy--------------------------Golbourne

----------------------------------------Dunne--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Noble--------------------------Harley---------------------------------

Logan---------------------------------Cureton------------------------------------------Nardiello

Bench: Krysiak, Jones, Edwards, Cozic, Sercombe, Thomson, O'Flynn

- The Duffy selection picks itself with no Tulls
- Taylor and Troy need a run of games together in my opinion although I would have no complaints if Edwards played
- Golbourne over Billy Jones for me
- I think the Noble & Harley pairing in midfield would work better if they had Dunne behind them instead of Sercs, who has been poor in 2011 IMO
- Nardiello is the man in form so should start. I like him cutting in off the left side.
- Cureton up the middle flanked by Logie, Logan playing on Cureton's right lightens JC's work load. Logan also gives us the crucial option of a direct outlet ball if we are struggling.

- A well balanced bench too, plenty of pace.

I believe this side could get something, we must improve greatly though.

1-1, Cureton with ours.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wonder how bad the pitch will be. It was in a shocking state for the Man City FA Cup tie, plenty of rain and rugby and football since. Might not be a game for passing the ball around.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Notts County have signed Connor Clifford on loan I now tip us to lose by 2 clear goals. He is far to "robust" for our puff-powder midfield, and tore them to pieces at the Argyle league game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/9394320.stm

Shrewd bit of business from Incey-wincey, who is hoping to sign 2 more loanees. I guess he has a bigger budget than us (!) but why can't we get some decent loan players in - someone to to stiffen up the left of defence and a left-sided attacking midfielder needed urgently!