• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tottenham riots

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spotted on my travels through deepest darkest Haringey today. A real sense of irony in the air!!

tavyred

I don' t think you really addressed either of my points.

I have also known job shy, violent cretins all my life. They haven' t just appeared out of thin air.
If your first point is that as a country we have always produced people capable of criminal behaviour.....then yes I agree!
If your second point is that at no point in our history have we have ever got our crime and punishment policy 100% right....then yes I agree again!
Most commentators agree that this was a rather an unprecedented bout of lawlessness, your point seems to be one of 'this is nothing we have`nt seen before`which in my opinion is just plain wrong and a tad complacent.

Last edited:

Poultice

Central London resembled Aberdeen on flag day today.

If your first point is that as a country we have always produced people capable of criminal behaviour.....then yes I agree!
If your second point is that at no point in our history have we have ever got our crime and punishment policy 100% right....then yes I agree again!
Most commentators agree that this was a rather an unprecedented bout of lawlessness, your point seems to be one of 'this is nothing we have`nt seen before`which in my opinion is just plain wrong and a tad complacent.
They weren' t either of my original points, but i' m not one to drag these things out so I will move on.

Having said that, yes, i do think this is all overblown and is indeed stuff we have seen before. The absurd comments arising from the likes of Ed Milliband and the Bishop of Manchester are laughable. The people involved in the riots - while stupid tw*ts - represent maybe 0.01 of society. The vast majority of people in the UK do not support what happened and do know the difference between right and wrong. It is not the end of the world.

tavyred

. The vast majority of people in the UK do not support what happened and do know the difference between right and wrong. It is not the end of the world.
I guess the point here (which you`re missing btw) is that it does`nt take too many people to reduce our cities to anarchy and it does`nt take too many years of weak ass political leadership in order for our 'Boys in Blue' to adopt a watching brief on lawlessness and then try and expain it away as a legitmate 'tactic' during public order disturbances.
Wholly elected state prosecutors and police chiefs would be a start, imo.

Mr Jinx

Quick question.

Do you think, as David Starkey remarked on Friday, that white kids are becoming black?

I think David Starkey has about as much idea of what goes on in " the streets " as I have about nuclear physics.

I guess the point here (which you`re missing btw) is that it does`nt take too many people to reduce our cities to anarchy and it does`nt take too many years of weak ass political leadership in order for our 'Boys in Blue' to adopt a watching brief on lawlessness and then try and expain it away as a legitmate 'tactic' during public order disturbances.
Wholly elected state prosecutors and police chiefs would be a start, imo.
Actually, I totally agree with you about the point that it doesn' t take many people to reduce our cities ( any cities in fact, not just ours ) to anarchy ( even if that ' anarchy ' didn' t last long and was very localised ). It is positive testimony for our way of living that, while I still contend that the past week' s events are hardly unprecedented, these things don' t happen very often and most people in England can go through life without having to man the barricades against rioting hordes.

Mackster

Quick question.

Do you think, as David Starkey remarked on Friday, that white kids are becoming black?
He is a self-aggrandising tw*t that likes to dress up a small relevant point in grandiose & incendiary prose.

So he's found out that a sub-strata of inner city white kids copy black gangsta culture. It does make me laff when I speak to a white teenage lad who is speaking in black patois, they just look & sound stupid. I wonder what blacks think of it, do they find it a compliment or also think they're stupid?

grecIAN Harris

The only way you're going to stop last weeks events happening again is to get to the root cause of the problem, stop making it so easy for those of bone idle dispostion to do bugger all and live like kings. Make the lazy t*ssers work. Make them know what it is like to earn things then they might just have a better respect for those poor sods who have worked their arses off to achieve what they had before they were abliterated by the bone idol minions.
I kept hearing the same arguements coming, 'we don't 'ave no opportunities, innit', 'we can't get no jobs innit 'coz they're all taken by Eastern Europeans'. Well maybe if they got off their lazy arses and took the opportunities that the Eastern Europeans are they'd be able to go and buy their PSP's and their flat screen TV's and have some 'respec'. The Eastern Europeans have come over and exploited the system that the bone idol have been abusing for years to get themselves on the British ladder. They've come over, got themselves a base on the state and then had the motivation to get themselves work and keep their own self respect.
The opportunities are there if our state sponsored cancer was forced to motivate themselves. Cut down the benefits and get them working and earning. You never know, you might start moving back to making Britain 'Great' again.