• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holder v Trust Member

Andy_H

A couple of questions that relate to subjects covered in the threads relating to tickets sales via priority groups;

How do people propose that the club instigates a system that recognise's a supporter who 'attends every home game', but pays on the gate, when it comes to allocating tickets for these rare one-off type games?

I'm sure that somebody will say vouchers, but then how do they propose distributing these vouchers. In days gone they were printed in the programme every week and numbered so at a time like this you would have to present vouchers A, B & C to buy your ticket. But then that makes it unfair on those supporters who do not wish to, or cannot afford to, buy a programme. So we're back to square 1 again with some form of priority system.

While in principle i think TVR is heading in the right direction with his 'points system', one again we come to the age old problem of how do you administer it when it might only be used twice in 10 years? Of course then you'll get the old, 'well i attended 4 work parties and traveled to Stevenage [for which you definitely deserve a ticket without a doubt!] or well i swept the away end of the ground of all the blue and yellow pieces of paper after the AFC Wimbledon FA Cup tie, and traveled to Hartlepool on a wet Tuesday night in February when we lost 4 - 0 and such like arguments.
The basic fact is that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but at least we can attempt to make it look as if we're at least trying to. Sadly what seems fair to one person won't seem fair to another and visa versa.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is only 1 priority number per fan, regardless of how many different groups you belong to and 1 ticket per priority number. Less 'Animal Farm this way then after that general sales, on a first come first served basis as with anything else in life.

It's quite amusing to note that, with the amount of ' I've attended every home game for X numbers of years and i deserve a ticket' posts there have been on Exeweb since this all started, it would have meant that we'd been playing in front of capacity crowds every home game for at least the last 8/9 years! Hmmmmm.

Andy_H

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, pretty much everyone agrees on one person, one ticket.

Other than that, any revised system has to be kept simple. Voucher or points scheme sound good but would be a nightmare to implement and would still be open to abuse.

To my simple mind, not much needs to change other than a review of what's deemed a priority group, for example ST holders are not included for league games, and cut off dates for joining. As said, there is no 100% fair way of doing it, but that's just how it is.

Red Box

And what about someone who is a Trust member and isn't a season ticket holder but goes to every match. They surely contribute more money to the club than someone who is just a season ticket holder?
In Exeter's case where they have approx 3000 Season Ticket holders each and every one of them should be entitled to priority tickets. They always have and always should be top of the list.

The simple solution to this ticketing problem has been identified many times over the last week or so one ticket per priority group would have meant everyone who needed a ticket for this game would have got one.

It would also mean the people who pay on the gate every match would seriously think about purchasing a Season Ticket. Personally I can't fathom out why they wouldn't get a Season Ticket in the first place and save themselves some beer money:S

I take it by your location you weren't talking about yourself?

city_is_my_life

It would also mean the people who pay on the gate every match would seriously think about purchasing a Season Ticket. Personally I can't fathom out why they wouldn't get a Season Ticket in the first place and save themselves some beer money:S
Because they can't pay c.£300 in one lump sum at the start of the season but can afford £15-£20 every other week?

Indeed not.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
One person one ticket is a good idea unless of course like myself i have bought 2 tickets being a ST and a Trust member making sure that the person who stands next to me in the BB who hasnt got a ST this year gets a ticket for this game

Sure there maybe a few that have bought more than 1 ticket being in more than 1 group and given it to a relative / mate so they get the chance to see a big game at SJP, but you never know bringing that person along may make them future ST holders bringing more money into the club ?

Most football fans would prefer to watch live footy and a couple of beers with others than sat at home with a can and slippers ?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I've worn my slippers out supporting City! :)

Red the Paper

Banned
In Exeter's case where they have approx 3000 Season Ticket holders each and every one of them should be entitled to priority tickets. They always have and always should be top of the list.

The simple solution to this ticketing problem has been identified many times over the last week or so one ticket per priority group would have meant everyone who needed a ticket for this game would have got one.

Totally agree.

I am not a season ticket holder but feel they should always get priority over ordinary trust members and indeed 1931 members. I will never be a season ticket holder simply because I cannot commit the time. I have sponsored a player myself on two occasions but did not see this as a way to get priority deals, nor did I get them. The season ticket holders pay their money up front and can't always go to every home game, they also have to sit next to the same git every other week. Not my idea of fun. They do not specify how their money is spent.

Rog H K

What about the 100 Red or Dead peoples? I put in £1000 into Red or Dead, that = 41 years if I was to pay £24 a year in the Trust!

Red the Paper

Banned
What about the 100 Red or Dead peoples? I put in £1000 into Red or Dead, that = 41 years if I was to pay £24 a year in the Trust!
You put in your money to enable the Club to survive. That was the past Roger. You will always have a place in our hearts. Now if you want to continue to raise these funds I would gladly put you higher up the pecking order.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
After all this ticket fiasco.....should season ticket holders be first priority, followed by trust member. (season ticket holders pay more towards the club?!) or trust members should be first priority because the club wouldn't be where it is today?

If season ticket holders got first priority, would more trust members become season ticket holders? Giving more money to the club???

;)
It is very simple to solve. One person only needs one ticket regardless of how many priority groups they may qualify in. If the club only sold one ticket to one person instead of three or four then every priority group member would get their ticket.
If the family, freinds and work colleagues of the multi grouper want a ticket then they must join the scrimmage with the rest of us on general release.