• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby - Cards on the table.

argylepaul

I will send the Lion around to whisper all the details in your shell like.
What details? it's all very craptic. And remember, the Lion can't talk. it's a mascot, not a go-between. What rubbish you talk, Porkarse.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And remember, the Lion can't talk.
He can actually. And eruditely too. Many of us awaydayers have enjoyed many a pint (or 3) and pre match chat with GtL and his lovely lioness.

argylepaul

He can actually. And eruditely too. Many of us awaydayers have enjoyed many a pint (or 3) and pre match chat with GtL and his lovely lioness.
Children read this, and they are not going to be impressed when they find out that their loveable foamable talks and drinks beer. What cup size is the lionness?

Jersey Tone

Yes 3-0. Chelsea wore orangey/red shirts.
Seriously, are you sure about this?? My old man took me to Home Park to watch Chelsea back in the 70s?? The game I saw finished 3-2 to the blues, Ray Wilkins was playing for Chelsea and as Lammie said, I'm pretty sure Steve Finneston got the winner. Also seem to remember Argyle pulling back to 2-2 from 2-0 down. I also have a feeling that Paul Mariner played for the gargs that day.

Maybe I'm a season out or something.

argylepaul

Seriously, are you sure about this?? My old man took me to Home Park to watch Chelsea back in the 70s?? The game I saw finished 3-2 to the blues, Ray Wilkins was playing for Chelsea and as Lammie said, I'm pretty sure Steve Finneston got the winner. Also seem to remember Argyle pulling back to 2-2 from 2-0 down. I also have a feeling that Paul Mariner played for the gargs that day.

Maybe I'm a season out or something.
The 3-0 defeat was March 6th '76. I got the year wrong. That was the one when Chelsea tried to take the D'Port End. Peter Bonetti played.
The game you saw was Sept 11th, 76 - and that was 3-2. Brian Hall, Argyle's 'stellar' signing from Liverpool and Mariner scored. A month later, Mariner was sold for a 9kw convector heater and a water pump, and the club were relegated. A pattern was emerging, even then.
I think now that was the game when Chelsea wore orange/red.
Our thanks to Greens on Screen fantastic archive for all that.

Last edited:

grecian55

Yes 3-0. Chelsea wore orangey/red shirts.
Paul ,please get someone a few years older than you (porkus ?) to refresh your memory about this game ? I was there and Chelsea played in Yellow shirts and green shorts and in were in the devenport end 3 times during the day ,twice before and once during the second half .
the orangey shirt were circa 1984 ish.

jmgull

Posting a pic of Dave W*bb in the run up to this w/end's local derby is a low blow indeed:(

My adolecence experiences of professional football were corrupted by this 'orrible fecker.

Benny Laryea, Dean Mooney, Andy Best, Derek Fowler and others from Teignmouth's all conquering side.......grandstands mysteriously going up in flames, playing in all navy blue, a 2nd hand car lot in the away end.

Gloves are off fella....low low blow!

grecian55

Posting a pic of Dave W*bb in the run up to this w/end's local derby is a low blow indeed:(

My adolecence experiences of professional football were corrupted by this 'orrible fecker.

Benny Laryea, Dean Mooney, Andy Best, Derek Fowler and others from Teignmouth's all conquering side.......grandstands mysteriously going up in flames, playing in all navy blue, a 2nd hand car lot in the away end.

Gloves are off fella....low low blow!
Good reply jmgull ,made i larf ,you couldv'e substituted Webby's name with Big Harry ha ha

argylepaul

Paul ,please get someone a few years older than you (porkus ?) to refresh your memory about this game ? I was there and Chelsea played in Yellow shirts and green shorts and in were in the devenport end 3 times during the day ,twice before and once during the second half .
the orangey shirt were circa 1984 ish.
What is it with these Exeter fans being at that game; that is 3 of you, who just happened to be there. Were you like young boys experimenting with young girls, before realising you liked your own?
I was at both Chelsea games, so I don't need anyone - older, fatter or otherwise to tell me the facts. I was also in the Devonport End on the Mayflower side with some mates for the game when Chelsea tried to get in, and it was heaving. 21,000 crowd.
This is not bravado, and defending the honour of Argyle hoolies, but from what I saw, there was not suddenly a mass influx of cheeky c*ckneys in that end. You are saying it happened 3 times during the game! 3 times they tried probably, but I disagree with you that they just happened to get in and started to sing 'One man went to mow' .
All you are doing is undermining Argyle in anyway you can; even if it means having a go at Argyle fans' inability to hold their home end. I am not a closet hooly or a former one, but I bet some of you can't bear the idea that Argyle fans could be matching the likes of Chelsea hooligans. This is a very sad conversation taking place here, so let's just agree to disagree.
Kit wise, Chelsea wore red shirts, white shorts and green socks (with red and white tops) for the one of those games. You are probably right about the yellow shirts and green shorts for the other. But, it's not really that vital.
If we are being pedantic; the orange shirts from the 1980s that you are on about, is the hideous orange and grey swirling curtain thing with Coors on it from 1994.

Red the Paper

Banned
Chelsea have never sung One Man Went to Mow, they sing "Ten Men Went To Mow".

The colour of shirts worn is vital. If you cant get the colour right it either means you cannot remember or you are lying. If you cannot remember, best not to comment, if you are lying (which I do not think you are) best not to comment.

Anyway, good luck with you match against the big guns Saturday.