• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Incontinentia

Spin forward to 53:57 for Yeovil v Exeter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017pjxv/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_19_11_2011/

Artur Krysiak playing in both goals?
And to think, some people still criticise the guy. That shows his amazing work ethic, which is absolutely typical of the Poles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How dare you have such a long lie in - I have already watched this and had to spend at least a minute and a half scrolling backwards and forwards to find the City highlights.
Sorry. Early starts this week, plus up early to get to the fans match yesterday morning. Normal service may resume next Sunday!

plain capers

Looking at last year's stats, I see that at this point in the season (18 league games) only 1 of the then bottom 6 was actually relegated.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two points dropped. We should have held onto that lead.

Having seen them both at home and away, we really should finish the season above both Yeovil and Walsall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
1612 Grecians at Yeovil yesterday - not yet confirmed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It seems that we were so busy booing the sponsor's choice of MOM, Wotton, that I didn't notice that Yeovil fans were also booing the choice. :) Differing reasons though.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
1612 Grecians at Yeovil yesterday - not yet confirmed.
I haven't even been Christened yet, let alone confirmed.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great first half from the Grecians & it was a pity we could not get the 3rd goal with so much pressure...Skiverton changed it around at HT & Yeovil had the better of it in the 2nd period.I thought they looked a decent outfit & its surprising that they were bottom(before yesterdays draw)....A good point,because it could have gone either way.

As others have said a good atmosphere was created by the home fans given they have not had much to cheer this season...The Grecians followers played their part.Its just a shame that away end has no roof(i know,greenhouses etc) because that would really add to a good ground atmosphere...

grecianstew

Yeah, I'm torn between being contented at getting a point away from home from a local derby, and recalling the end of the season b4 last, when didn't drawing so many games almost get us relegated?. However it for sure things feel better than they did at the beginning of the season and as someone said b4 it's only November so no biggie, yet!!!
Or maybe drawing so many games prevented us from being relegated?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have said a good atmosphere was created by the home fans
First time I have ever heard a tambourine at a football match.

And I thought drums were annoying...