• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke O'Brien of Bradford City signing next week?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
A left back that 'fud don't want, the excitement is underwhelming.
Edited .........

ecfc2000

that'll be the end of BJ, thank god!!!

Leads

I know Golbourne gets a bit of stick, but I really don't think LB is the area to be focusing on, especially as all the budget is spent (apparently).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Golbourne gets a bit of stick, but I really don't think LB is the area to be focusing on, especially as all the budget is spent (apparently).
I actually like Golbourne alot. Ok he final delivery isnt perfect but still a good footballer imho.

Agree i think we need to focus on either a Creative midfielder to link midfield with the strikers or we need Matt Oakley so we can get Noble to do this.

Noble looked alot more comfortable with Oakley in midfield

Although Without any cash getting oakley back with no wages being paid will be extremly difficult but we will see. BUt then again when we signed George Friend in our first lge 1 season alot of people including myself didnt see why but he was vital in helping keep us up

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

At the moment the majority of moves when we gain possession go through Noble in deep midfield.

Against Tranmere we had to move it up quick and it really paid off.

When we had Deano & George Friend down the left we could often get possession and put pressure on straight away.

If he is a full back who can bring it forward quickly and beat players it could work.

The jury's out until [a] we actually sign him and we can see what he can do.

Golbourne, I thought, was improving greatly last season in combination with Harley.

Last edited:

Garethecfc

Golbourne is quality and one of the best players in the team. Looking forward to this signing to allow Golbourne to push futher up the field.

Grecian1966

that'll be the end of BJ, thank god!!!
Conclusion perhaps jumped to? For all we know BJ is to be offered a contract as a squad emergency player to cover next season at both LB and CB?

Note - please don't jump to any assumptions that i'm in favour or otherwise of this suggestion;)

Grecian1966

Have asked ECFC to confirm or deny this. I don't know if they comment on transfer rumours so we'll see
Bondy, happen to say I like your robust responses to a number of posters on here but this must be a joke surely? Given the club under Tiz has never ever commented on transfers what made you feel the need to post that comment?

Number13

Conclusion perhaps jumped to? For all we know BJ is to be offered a contract as a squad emergency player to cover next season at both LB and CB?

Note - please don't jump to any assumptions that i'm in favour or otherwise of this suggestion;)
Billy cant cover at either position. Utterly hopeless. Was ok (no better) in the CONFERENCE but then we mugged Crewe of some cash and should have put that to bed. Set piece delivery was his only plus. Someone will now tell me we are stuck with him for 2012/13 :(

Grecian_Jay

I actually like Golbourne alot. Ok he final delivery isnt perfect but still a good footballer imho.

Agree i think we need to focus on either a Creative midfielder to link midfield with the strikers or we need Matt Oakley so we can get Noble to do this.

Noble looked alot more comfortable with Oakley in midfield

Although Without any cash getting oakley back with no wages being paid will be extremly difficult but we will see. BUt then again when we signed George Friend in our first lge 1 season alot of people including myself didnt see why but he was vital in helping keep us up
Massive shock, MVP (the biggest tinter of his generation) is a fan of Goldie ;)