• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under 21s Premier League Cup: Exeter v Torquay

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What is the Under 21 Premier League Cup? Addition to, or instead of the FA Youth Cup? I don't remember it from previous years.
Good result for the bauys, now for the seniors to stuff the other lot.
Well that took all of 10 seconds.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/sep/premier-league-launches-under-21-premier-league-cup/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What is the Under 21 Premier League Cup? Addition to, or instead of the FA Youth Cup? I don't remember it from previous years.
Good result for the bauys, now for the seniors to stuff the other lot.
Here you go. Written up for you. http://www.exeweb.com/2013/09/30/exeter-city-take-on-torquay-united-in-under-21s-premier-league-cup/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, Palace on Monday 21st I'm hoping. Would be silly to play at the same time as the 1st team are at Oxford?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks both. Nice to see the Premier league thinking beyond their natural boundaries. I guess the big boys don't play their home games at thier real home so a game against Chelsea or Arsenal will be at Barnet or Aldershot or such like.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
on a side note, I presume Gosling is injured. he seems to have dropped right off the radar.
He's just tweeted that he hopes to be fit for the Palace game.

Number13

Yep, lets hope it is the Wednesday so Tis knows who has played at Oxford and can then pick as many over age as possible

Selfishly, I have never been to Selhurst and fancy both games that week.................

malcolms

Yep, lets hope it is the Wednesday so Tis knows who has played at Oxford and can then pick as many over age as possible

Selfishly, I have never been to Selhurst and fancy both games that week.................
You haven't missed anything.....

StroudGrecian

Used to be a great ground back in the 80s, that massive open terrace for the away fans was a great place to be when the sun was shining.

Presume its all covered and seated now, haven't been for over 20 years.

John William

Unfair, and a bit rich coming from a City supporter! Selhust Park is by premiership standards a tired and old fashioned ground, it's true, but it has a great atmosphere especially in the Holmesdale End double-decker stand. Palace intend to use some of the Sky & BT money to replace the two older stands, though there is nothing they can do about the Whitehorse Lane end as there is a supermarket behind it.

I used to watch games there regularly as a kid in the 60s and was there with 36,000 others when they were promoted to the old First Division for the first time in their history. Bloody dangerous, as were all grounds in those days when full. I went to most of the top grounds as a teenager; as I remember them, the Shelf at White Hart Lane, Anfield and Elland Road were particularly bad for crushing and pushing, to say nothing of being p*ssed on.

And Palace employ a certain Mr. Dean Moxey, late of this parish. If he's not playing I'm sure he'll pop along to meet his old mates.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The City team were EXCELLENT !!!
What's the new keeper like? Able deputy to Krysiak if Pym is injured?