• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City v Portsmouth prediction thread

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
The count down to the new season starts today, just 5 working days to go.

I'm going for a 2-1 home defeat, Nichols for us, a Connolly brace for them, and Paul Jones saves a Bennett penalty.

Att: 4986 including 1600 official Portsmouth, with many more on the Big Bank.

sign of the chimes

I confidently predict you're wrong on our goalscorer, Grecian in Exile. Connolly is still on our books but hasn't played a minute in pre-season - he was sent out on loan to Oxford for the second half of last season, after not being considered for the manager's job when Whittingham left. Assuming there's someone out there who wants him it's highly unlikely he'll be with us at the end of August.

Our attacking quartet is likely to be made up from the following players: Craig Westcarr, Ricky Holmes, Andy Barcham, Jed Wallace, Ryan Taylor, Miles Storey and Ryan Bird (Patrick Agyemang is out injured).

Grecian_Jay

I confidently predict you're wrong on our goalscorer, Grecian in Exile. Connolly is still on our books but hasn't played a minute in pre-season - he was sent out on loan to Oxford for the second half of last season, after not being considered for the manager's job when Whittingham left. Assuming there's someone out there who wants him it's highly unlikely he'll be with us at the end of August.

Our attacking quartet is likely to be made up from the following players: Craig Westcarr, Ricky Holmes, Andy Barcham, Jed Wallace, Ryan Taylor, Miles Storey and Ryan Bird (Patrick Agyemang is out injured).
Ah I forgot you lot had Ryan Taylor, one of the worst forwards in the history of the game. This lot on here love him coz he never looked like scoring goals and apparently that makes him a good striker.

Jed Wallace should tear us apart and Barcham is quick as anything so could be a tough afternoon.

I'll go 1-1 though - Att: 5987.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
you dont need to be built like a whippet to outpace danny coles and pat baldwin Jay... hopefully coles takes a leaf out of his thuggish twitter page and just fvkks some of the pompey players up instead of actually playing football.

edindevon

I've decided to predict the next four years instead.

Match postponed. The FA grant special dispensation for the game to be called off after the entire squad and management team are bedridden because of South American Fever. Match re-scheduled for a Tuesday night in January. Loss of matchday income is the final straw and we go in to administration, are docked 15 points and are relegated at the end of the season. Luckily we are saved by the Brazil DVD shifting 30million units worldwide after Delia Smith, for reasons known only to herself, mentions it in her Christmas cookbook. The profits are ploughed back in to the club and by the 2018/9 season, we're back in L1, with proven goal machine Ryan Taylor (who scores a hat-trick in the annual pre season friendly with Brazil) leading the charge towards the Championship.

Terryhall

If we play like we did last Saturday, it could be a bad one. However, if we play like we did against Flum and Tupi, then we could surprise a few. I'll go confident of a good result, 2-1 to us, goals from Jimmy and Wheeler.

geoffwp

So much depends on us having a fully fit squad with everyone full of energy and ready to get going. If so, I'm going for a draw with city scoring first through Jimmy. If we do lose it won't be the end of the world, seeing that they appear to be joint favourites to win the league. I'd bite the hand off anyone offering a point just now.

ecfc2000

City 0 - pompy 5

sign of the chimes

So much depends on us having a fully fit squad with everyone full of energy and ready to get going. If so, I'm going for a draw with city scoring first through Jimmy. If we do lose it won't be the end of the world, seeing that they appear to be joint favourites to win the league. I'd bite the hand off anyone offering a point just now.
We were favourites with the bookies last season and were looking over our shoulders till late April. I hope this season will be an improvement but wouldn't have us down as favourites.

malcolms

It's back to good old 4th Division football....all the hype has disappeared and now it's "kick, ******* and bite... Do we have the backbone or the quality to make up for the lack of backbone? ...within 9 games we will know....