• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

please tell me Why Exeter City without Paul Tisdale be any better than it is now.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The crowd on Saturday suggests that time is not on our side though unless we see improvements in the short term.

How long do you think we will survive on crowds of between 2600 and 3200 ?? People were moaning about our budget when we were getting crowds of over 4000 on a regular basis.

ps. I don't expect us to be challenging for promotion every year, that is not an issue for me.
We played well against Portsmouth and performed admirably against a far superior Bournemouth side. The York game was nowhere near as bad as some were making out. We were missing about 1,500 home fans at the York match that were at the Portsmouth match just a couple of weeks earlier. Now, surely that says something. With home performances being more entertaining and having better football on show, yet losing 1.5k home fans between the two league matches surely points to the pricing structure being the main problem. Of course the negative performances at home the last few years haven't been good and have contributed to the decreasing home gate, but that's it. They have contributed. The fact that 1,500 home fans decided not to turn up to the game on Saturday despite not having any 'poor home football' to use as an excuse, IMO shows that it's more that they have to pick and choose their games.

Going to the comment in bold, and I apologise if I am wrong, but it seems you (and many others) are not even prepared to give Tis a chance or see if we make improvements, even in the short term. As I've said, we're 4 games in.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
but it seems you (and many others) are not even prepared to give Tis a chance or see if we make improvements, even in the short term. As I've said, we're 4 games in.
You know my answer to that G O G, we've had three years of decline which he appears to take no responsibility for, three years is a very long time in football, we need a change, he has had his time, time to let someone else have a go.

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You know my answer to that G O G, we've had three years of decline which he appears to take no responsibility for, three years is a very long time in football, we need a change, he has had his time, time to let someone else have a go.
I'm sure he does take responsibility Missy. I can't be certain, nor can anyone, but I'm sure he does.

We aren't going to agree on this I'm afraid. I do however, respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Now I'm off to bed.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

I do however, respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Now I'm off to bed.
Same to you pal.

All the best.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
No I'm not. Because Hartlepool are not a tough team. They finished below us last season and like ourselves, only stayed up with one game to spare. They also haven't had a greatstart to the current campaign.
I stand corrected. However, there are no easy games in this league. And no oppo should be assumed to be easy. As we were scraping around the bottom then playing hartlepool would have still been tough competition.

I agree with WMM. 3 years of decline is enough now. I do not want to see the gates drop lower, nor do I want to see us in the conference. Both scenarios could financially cripple us. No one can predict the future, But we can't afford to wait and see.

Ideal scenario. Tisdale resigns. Ain't gonna happen though.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Don't be so pathetic. If a poll came back that said the majority still wanted tisdale in charge then I'd take it that that is the case. However, with any poll on here, nowhere near every member votes or posts on here. So poll's don't really give an indication.

Pretty sure the majority on here want tisdale out. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that one out.
Once again if you dont like the post resort to cheap playground insults .......................... never mind

What im saying is any exeweb poll would be biased as not every City fan is on here and the few that still remain on here are in 2 mindsets with very little grey area in between.

I for one dont particularly want Tis out for a couple of reasons
1 could we afford to get rid ? (we havent got money for players let alone to pay off a 2 yr contract)
2 who would be decent enough to replace (and dont come back with there are good managers out of work out there , they are out of work for a reason)
3 i think we still need a couple more games for the side to gel (if after a few more games they arent putting in a full shift then its the side that made need shaking up)
4 we have had bad starts to seasons before and have come good (think thats part of being a City fan overall)
5 i reckon Tis will give the team a kick up the backside and start playing a lot better football ( i dont particularly want to be entertained i want 3 points be that with a game played scrappy or otherwise)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
But this is the old argument of "Only those who were there can comment" which to me isn't necessarily the truth.

One little snippet for me from the last match I attended, the Hartlepool match at the end of last season. For the life of us we couldn't see what was wrong with the challenge that led to the penalty given to Hartlepool. Grrr, stupid ref, etc. We happened then to have a pint with the ref after the match - he was asked about this and he said he hadn't given it for the "tackle" as we thought, but instead for a nudge just beforehand.

Looking back at the video footage afterwards and it was clear. If you had therefore asked someone who only had the "live" view, they almost certainly would have said "No penalty, grrr, stupid ref", whereas someone with only the benefit of video footage would have said "Definite penalty, well done ref". And who'd have been right?
No, Jason, I don't subscribe to "Only those who were there can comment." If you look again you'll see I said, "I don't anyone denies you the right to comment."

For my part, I do like reports from fans hotfoot back from the game. I've said this on many, many occasions, whether they're poorly written, biased or downright angry is of no matter. I just feel more connected when the writer has just burst through his front door.

Your analogy about the ref at Hartlepool was sound enough. I suspect many a referee would enjoy being able explain the reasonings behind their decisions.

Grecian_Jay

I am amazed that there can be anyone who still thinks Tisdale is thr right man for the job. I have a feeling these people are just the opposites of me (i.e I'll never want him here, they never want him gone). This is fair enough.

I've still not seen one decent reason for Tisdale to remain. We have a few who bang on about young team (it isn't young), some who are scared of change and refuse to believe there will be plenty of candidates for the job if it comes up and amazingly some who still think Tisdale deserves more time.

DB9

What really worries and concerns me are the one who say the youngsters will need time to get to a level for L2, IMHO we don't have the luxury of time, Also how much time do we give them? Some have said a few seasons, Where will we be in a few seasons, Still in the league? Im not so sure. I agree 4 games into this season is too early to judge but we have been pretty dire for a while now and those who say we were good toward the end of last season has to remember this, We were not safe until the 45th game of the season and that is what i do not want us to go through again!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always take the comments from the clubs facebook or match reports with a pinch of salt , there never going to say we hardly had an attack and the manager set the team up the wrong way with the approach being negative are they.

there going to try and put excitement into a report even its 0-0 and we havent had a shot on target , i understand the reasons for that.

Sadly people see through that - i always ask people i know who was at the game what it was like as i trust there knowledge and ability to watch a game and realise whats good and bad about it.
Exactly so. They ain't about to find fault with the team, tactics or manager. If you're looking for a 'warts and all' match report you'll have to go elsewhere.