• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Oxford United Matchday Thread

Mark Wakeley

There must a home win at some time? Is today the day?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll leave in about 45 minutes to catch the second half on Arsenal vs Man City in the spot.

Big game this one! A defeat and exeweb will be a very unfriendly place tonight!

UTC!!!!!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't make it up to Exeter today, rather gutted. Despite my feelings re our style of play, it's Saturday, so COME ON YOU REDS!!! [england](sjp)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope that we can get a good gate today. I dont think we will but we desperately need a decent gate if nothing else but for the atmosphere during the game...

Rog H K

I hope that we can get a good gate today. I dont think we will but we desperately need a decent gate if nothing else but for the atmosphere during the game...
The Gates of Alexander looks Grecian-ish. Be nice to get that one.
http://www.papalengtraveladventure.com/2011/12/worlds-famous-gates.html?m=1

David Treharne

It's 18c and wind has shifted around to ENE and the breeze has picked up to 2-3, but not yet strong enough to dispel the cloud cover. It should be baking hot on the Big Bank. As to atmosphere the City is full of Leicester Tigers supporters enjoying their day out in Exeter, whereas I spotted only two Oxford fans making their way up the High Street. A difficult match in prospect, and I just hope the City play isn't as lamentable as it was in the first half against Mansfield.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking on the Oxford forum, they seem to be anticipating bringing down 3-400. They also seem confident of a good result.

I'm actually quite looking forward to following this game.

Rog H K

We have the extended highlights tonight on the FL show, all the crew are at SJP today. 0-0 it is then(rofl)

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have the extended highlights tonight on the FL show, all the crew are at SJP today. 0-0 it is then(rofl)
True ;(

Funny how you only get noticed in this division when you are either at the top or down at the bottom

Rog H K

Grimes starts. Noble on bench.