• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tisdale went

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am of the view that Tisdale inherited a better team than he has now. Anyone disagree?
More balanced certainly. Better? Hard to say. For instance I'd say Pym, Ribeiro, JMT, Harley (if he could be arsed), Noble, Wheeler, Nichols, Nicholls, and maybe Sercombe would have improved the squad he took over. If you added those players to Jones, Todd, Gill, Woodards, Stanno and challinor it would have been a very good conference squad.

We have some decent players now, it's just how they're instructed to play is the problem.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
In reply to the OP, how about Clinton Morrison as a replacement for Tis? He wants a coaching role and was well-fired up for yesterday's game. More so than most of our other players anyway!

motorservices

For the first time in forever we have money, that money (maybe 300K) invested in the right 'type' of players would get us into league1 mid to upper of league1 at that

The longer Tisdale is in charge the more of that money will be used to make up the short fall in gate money

HE NEEDS TO GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceman

For the first time in forever we have money, that money (maybe 300K) invested in the right 'type' of players would get us into league1 mid to upper of league1 at that

The longer Tisdale is in charge the more of that money will be used to make up the short fall in gate money

Moto , you have the City badge sown on your chest , but do you really think any cash is available for buying players ? its just not the cost of buying them its the silly wage demands they want.
Leyton Orient are paying stupid money for a team that is near the bottom of league 1 and if all Argyle fans were honest were streets ahead of them in the League Cup game earlier in the season.
We need to invest in our Youth set up , selling players on is our lifeline.......even Man Utd sell there best players at some stage....
Im over in the UK for 2 weeks , then back to a better climate , " Come On City "

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am of the view that Tisdale inherited a better team than he has now. Anyone disagree?
Nope. I've thought that for ages. A better team and a bit of luck.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Possibly, although in between times he did create a team far better than both of them.

Taz

To be fair the squad can only be as good as the wage bill. There may have been more available for wages back then...

But I agree others would probably be more frugal with any wage bill as we have too much 'deadwood' inflating it; Tisdale does seem to be topping up his old Bath buddies pension pots.

I would still like to see Lee Skyrme be given a crack at it... his work with the youth has been exceptional. Surely if we let Mr T (I ain't leaving this club fool!) have a few months tending to his Roses and Daisies; Lee could be given Caretaker Manager until the end of the season to see how he measures up to League 2.

hatch4england

That is also true Mr Moxey. The point I am making really is that 8 years down the line and it is still 'It'll be better tomorrow', 'We're moving in the right direction' nad all that b******t.

Just can't see it myself. We haven't gotten anywhere, the level of dereliction of the OG increases bit by bit...and the playing style at home is the worst in my lifetime, other than for shortish periods before the managers were given the boot, not 4 years of bloody awful stuff - and no cup runs since God knows when: despite the PR puff called V10.

Improvements? The Trust started with a wildly inept executive, and now just have a very inept executive, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I am just surprised more people haven't realised how much it is a case of the Emperor's new clothes.

blackdown red

Get on the phone to John yems.

tagz

You can get some decent players in on free transfers. The current top 3 goal scorers of League 2 (Marc Richards 17, Matt Tubbs 16, and Reuben Reid 15) were all signed on free transfers. The best 2 strike partnerships of this season (Tubbs and Akinfenwa with 23 goals and Reid and Alessandra with 24 goals) have all been signed on free transfers or loan (Matt Tubbs)