• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are the Play Offs Out of the Question?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's Stevenage who are catchable.

On the up

Got a little tougher but still a slight chance. Come Sunday our fate will be clearer. Just got the hardest fixture completed, on to the mighty Wycombe for a humdinger on Tues evening.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst it is mathematically possible we have a chance. We have to win every single game and hope those above us mess it up.

Either way we have done very well to put ourselves in a position of an outside chance. Considering where we started our season. Hopefully this summer Tisdale can get a headstart on transfers and next season we can have a proper go. Would like to see Holmes added on a permanent basis. We need a defence. Going forward we are good. At the back we are at best Poor. Shocking is the word i would use.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before today I thought we would need 10 points out of fifteen. I still believe that. I did not expect to win today either. I think it is possible to get 10 but will have to be at our absolute best for every game and lady luck will also need to shine on us. I personally think 3 of the 10 must come at Wycombe, I don't think 1 will be enough, as the belief and confidence has to be 100% for the remaining 3 games ?

Red Devon

Whilst it is mathematically possible we have a chance. We have to win every single game and hope those above us mess it up.

Either way we have done very well to put ourselves in a position of an outside chance. Considering where we started our season. Hopefully this summer Tisdale can get a headstart on transfers and next season we can have a proper go. Would like to see Holmes added on a permanent basis. We need a defence. Going forward we are good. At the back we are at best Poor. Shocking is the word i would use.
I haven't given up yet!

But you are right what you say about our defence, our goals against column and goal difference tell us where we have to strengthen in the summer!

On the up

Ok

They showed us today how you need players who can, and are prepared to do multiple roles during a game. We need players who can run at teams and break lines whilst also being able to track and tacke back when not in possession. Our main weakness is that we have too many players who only contribute when in possession. I know its a stretch but earlier in the season I watched Man city play Barca. Barca as whole team worked so hard to regain possession, well before the ball got near their 18 yd box. It was a real eye opener and more to do with application and commitment than skill.

Grecian_Jay

I think it'll be very tough but I don't think anyone should be giving up. Still plenty of points to play for.

STURTZ

Can't give up now but a win at Wycombe is vital, seems unlikely though, JMT having a hammy is a major blow in my book. Nichols will be available, let's hope we can regroup.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Go to Wycombe and give it a real go as if nothing else it would set up next Saturday. if we can get that far then keep up that tactic in the hope that we still have a hope on the final day.

I think we will go to Wycombe and set up as we normally do which may well mean that we get no more than a point meaning that Southend home will be less exciting. I think we will have a mathematical chance on Apr 25 but wont quite do enough to carry hope forwards to Dagenham Home.

Mackster

Ok

They showed us today how you need players who can, and are prepared to do multiple roles during a game. We need players who can run at teams and break lines whilst also being able to track and tacke back when not in possession. Our main weakness is that we have too many players who only contribute when in possession. I know its a stretch but earlier in the season I watched Man city play Barca. Barca as whole team worked so hard to regain possession, well before the ball got near their 18 yd box. It was a real eye opener and more to do with application and commitment than skill.
That's a good point, but we're not going to change overnight, so we should play to our strengths and setup to retain possession, not go 5 at the back and succumb to the inevitable defeat. Let's hope lesson learned and we go 4-3-3 against Wycombe and if we do lose, we go down slugging