• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

DanceMagnet

Had a feeling we'd get the lowest ranked side away from home again - do we ever get a home draw in the FA Cup anymore?

Book your ticket for Bury away in the next round should we manage to fluke a win against Didcot.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are 3 live games. BBC on Fri eve and then 2 on BT - one Sunday lunchtime, one Monday eve
Plus there is a the 'Soccer Sunday' when they cover 8 games on Final Score - for which you are paid

Still think Auntie will plump for Salford, and BT will probably choose our game and the Aldershot v Bradford game. We'll be Monday night.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Went to the game at Minehead ,their pitch is in a Park if i recall ?
Yes,a public park pitch.Complete with pubic toilets & a small grandstand.I was at that one as well...3,500 there for the 2nd round game..I was in Minehead recently & went past the pitch/ground,incredible to think now,that many were in the ground...Minehead were a good team.They had finished runners up to Wimbledon in the Southern League the previous season 76/77..The Westward TV cameras were there as well...A small convoy of cars & coaches made their way up the Exe Valley through Tiverton & Bampton,before the coaches nearly got stuck in that narrow part of Dulverton...A great day,rounded off by hearing the 3rd round draw in the coach on the way home.

Avening Posse

Or Bognor Regis.
Remember that one well, cringeworthy, terrible result, remember 2 blokes in the away end having a race to climb to the top of the floodlight pylon only to be promptly thrown out when they came down.......

Oldsmobile-88

Remember that one well, cringeworthy, terrible result, remember 2 blokes in the away end having a race to climb to the top of the floodlight pylon only to be promptly thrown out when they came down.......
Yep..Plus Terry Cooper offering to sort a Grecian fan out,after the game..lol..I don't know what the precious souls who have moaned after being sworn at by Tizzers would have made of that..

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep..Plus Terry Cooper offering to sort a Grecian fan out,after the game..lol..I don't know what the precious souls who have moaned after being sworn at by Tizzers would have made of that..
England now it's a totally different world, can u imagine the consequences if what happened would have happened today,,,... jobs would have been lost, national news coverage, the list goes on

Oldsmobile-88

England now it's a totally different world, can u imagine the consequences if what happened would have happened today,,,... jobs would have been lost, national news coverage, the list goes on
Indeed...In those days if you dished it out, you did not moan if you got a bit back...Managers like TC did not suffer fools..Players and fans alike...A couple of classics from him were..My Missus could play better than some of that lot (after the Bognor defeat)...The moaners at SJP must be henpecked at home and they come to the football to get it off their chests. ..I doubt any manager would make those statements these days...

andrew p long

well,blow me down, a BBC documentary showing this Thursday about Salford FC (produced by the BBC in ..erm ..their Salford studios?) about Ryan Giggs, the class of 92 etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34636046

eurogrecian

Indeed...In those days if you dished it out, you did not moan if you got a bit back...Managers like TC did not suffer fools..Players and fans alike...A couple of classics from him were..My Missus could play better than some of that lot (after the Bognor defeat)...The moaners at SJP must be henpecked at home and they come to the football to get it off their chests. ..I doubt any manager would make those statements these days...
Yes, "hen-pecked whingers" was my favourite TC response to critical fans. Quite a few candidates on these boards, but I suspect Tis will spare them!

Information

well,blow me down, a BBC documentary showing this Thursday about Salford FC (produced by the BBC in ..erm ..their Salford studios?) about Ryan Giggs, the class of 92 etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34636046
Salford City WILL be chosen by the BBC

They love self promoting their own programmes

BT have pencilled in Sunday at 6
or Monday at 745 for their 2 games