• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Didcot

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to learn from our past mistakes. I would start with our most powerful, pacey team, which may result in us leaving some of our more technically gifted footballers on the bench.

We know the pitch won't be great and we know that the Didcot players will tire quickly during the second half.

presuming everyone is fit I would playa 4-4-2 of:

Olejnik
Ribs
JMT
Brown
McCallister

Oyeleke
Noble
Wheeler
Holmes

Morrison
Nichols

Fareham Grecian

I think we need to learn from our past mistakes. I would start with our most powerful, pacey team, which may result in us leaving some of our more technically gifted footballers on the bench.

We know the pitch won't be great
How do we know that? The Didcot fan who posted on here after the draw said the opposite.

ECFC traveller

How do we know that? The Didcot fan who posted on here after the draw said the opposite.
It does look reasonable from photos I've seen, and a few highlights I've seen of their matches the ball does seem to go ok.

Last edited:

citizen

I don`t care who Mr Tisdale selects, as long as he realises that losing is not an option this season!
I am generally supportive of the Manager ,but here is a prime opportunity to progress in the competition.
Defeat would just NOT be good enough.Lets face it I don`t see that the Manager has faced much pressure from the supporters ,but on this occasion
there must be.
He must send of a team to play with no fear and don`t overthink the tactics.
We will be playing a team in a cup final situation and we should just over power them!
Easier said than done? Hopefully not.
UTC

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don`t care who Mr Tisdale selects, as long as he realises that losing is not an option this season!
I am generally supportive of the Manager ,but here is a prime opportunity to progress in the competition.
Defeat would just NOT be good enough.Lets face it I don`t see that the Manager has faced much pressure from the supporters ,but on this occasion
there must be.
He must send of a team to play with no fear and don`t overthink the tactics.
We will be playing a team in a cup final situation and we should just over power them!
Easier said than done? Hopefully not.
UTC
Well, as they lost 2 1 at "the mighty" Banbury United last night, a win should not really be a problem..... I wonder if he was there to witness how it might be achieved?

Terryhall

I think we should approach this game exactly as we did the Swindon and Sunderland games in the League Cup. Just because we are no longer the 'underdog' doesn't mean that we should prepare any differently.

The difference this time should be that we will be the fitter, more professional side, so if Didcot do somehow score 3 past us, we should be the team looking to put 6 in the other goal.

In terms of team selection I'd expect either Pym or Hamon to be given a chance in goal, considering that their league appearances will be few and far between this season - other than that, the usual matchday squad please.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The difference this time should be that we will be the fitter, more professional side, so if Didcot do somehow score 3 past us, we should be the team looking to put 6 in the other goal.
Do you think we can borrow Jermaine Defoe for the afternoon?

Terryhall

Do you think we can borrow Jermaine Defoe for the afternoon?
Can't hurt to ask :) But in all seriousness, Jermain Defoe is to Exeter City as Tom Nichols is to Didcot Town (or at least, on paper.)

I think we should approach this game exactly as we did the Swindon and Sunderland games in the League Cup. Just because we are no longer the 'underdog' doesn't mean that we should prepare any differently.

In terms of team selection I'd expect either Pym or Hamon to be given a chance in goal, considering that their league appearances will be few and far between this season - other than that, the usual matchday squad please.
Bang on the money for me, play to win and expect to win, but make sure you earn the win by competing for everything and use superior (you hope) fitness, skill, pace and technique to finish the job. Also agree with giving one of the young lads in goal game time in this match as lets face it they were good enough for League 2 football last season so unless they have gone backwards learning and working with an experience good quality keeper, they should be good enough for this match.

Great that the club gets some extra money in for TV and hopefully if we win we get another 'Fairytale club' i.e. another TV date in the second round before drawing a home match against a big Premiership Club! :)

Langer

Drop everyone who played against Warrington !Apart from Noble he hit the bar

Last edited: