• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

eurogrecian

I booed. Shocking, shocking performance. A lot of people there paid nearly 100 pound for a round trip to watch that. It's alright for half of our players as they'll be back on Bristol now out on the **** or at Nandos. No passion, fight, anything. Rubbish Personified
It's not a competition, but I paid a lot more than £100 to be there today. Of course I was disappointed with the result and the performance in the second halt, but that's life.
I didn't think there was a lack of passion or effort, just that tactically we were second best. I'm a big fan of Tis, but I think we need to be able to play more than on the counter-attack.
I still think we have enough quality players to do something this season and as a fan, I'll be doing my best to assist. Looking forward to my next match at Orient already.
UTC.

GrecianInWales

Not stopping you complaining if you want to. I agree it was poor today, I would say it isn't normally as bad as that. If you are not happy go for it and if it makes things better great. I pay my license fee and for Grecian player and am generally happy with the service.

Hopefully the commentary will be better next time I listen (if I end up listening v argyle I really hope this time we get two separate commentaries as the mixed one is **** if we get beat). On the whole though I would prefer the teams performance to improve.
Rich (and others) genuinely sorry if you didn't enjoy the commentary. It was a hugely painful game to watch all the way through, probably one of the hardest I've had to do, largely because there's only so many ways to say "and he passes sideways. Again"

I'm really sorry for the mix up with the yellow card - I was quickly making some notes when Brown was booked and when I looked up Butterfield was the nearest to the ref. If I'm honest, like City, I'm not overly happy with my performance at all today. I do actually read the match threads after every game I do and take in all feedback, good and bad, so it's really helpful to get a very honest opinion, no matter how critical. Not sure of the next game I'll be on commentary duties for, but I'm a very harsh critic on myself, and it's clear that there was a lot that can be improved on.

To the City fans who made the journey today, I'm equally as sorry. That was not fun to watch. I'm usually one to find positives about the team, but I struggled today. That was not fun to watch. I feel your pain.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We have no chance of winning anything with the shocking selections and tactics of our manager. Butterfield and McAllister should not be anywhere near the starting eleven. We have four players that have been dragged out of retirement. If that isn't "making do", I don't know what is.
Agreed. Ribiero, Holmes, Bobby, Noble, Harley should be the players that add experience to the side. They add experience and are able to contribute to the playing side. Almost into November and carrying too many players in the squad who don't contribute anything.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Rich (and others) genuinely sorry if you didn't enjoy the commentary. It was a hugely painful game to watch all the way through, probably one of the hardest I've had to do, largely because there's only so many ways to say "and he passes sideways. Again"

I'm really sorry for the mix up with the yellow card - I was quickly making some notes when Brown was booked and when I looked up Butterfield was the nearest to the ref. If I'm honest, like City, I'm not overly happy with my performance at all today. I do actually read the match threads after every game I do and take in all feedback, good and bad, so it's really helpful to get a very honest opinion, no matter how critical. Not sure of the next game I'll be on commentary duties for, but I'm a very harsh critic on myself, and it's clear that there was a lot that can be improved on.

To the City fans who made the journey today, I'm equally as sorry. That was not fun to watch. I'm usually one to find positives about the team, but I struggled today. That was not fun to watch. I feel your pain.
Fair play for posting. Wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I do appreciate being able to listen to any games I don't go to. It is important to remember that most of the time the summariser is a city fan as well as doing a job of work. (y)

Mackster

A fecking dire day

First, being mugged off having to pay £23 for a seat instead of £17 for a terrace that sat empty.

Over officious stewards and loads of old bill looking to justify their overtime. The Hive lacked the old school charm and friendliness of Underhill, a nice view granted, but lacking in any soul.

The performance was as poor as it was predictable. Tisdale has been here nearly ten years, yet he will still send out teams that will be outfought and out-muscled. You'd think by now, he could put together a squad that can deal with all the rigours of League 2, especially that its rumoured that he has an extra £500K in the budget this season. He leaves Manny on the bench, the only player in midfield that has some energy and can put in a tackle. Anyone that thinks Noble & Harley had a good game are deluded, Barnet will not have an easier afternoon all season.

I booed. This wasn't just down to individual errors, it was a collectively poor performance, the like of which you wonder what the management team have been doing all week in preparation for the game. It's been a while since I've seen such a reaction to a City defeat, but the team need to know that it was an unacceptable performance.

The only highlight was a nice pint of Estrella at HT with Olds.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

You didn't do badly at all, Gary. In fact you were more insightful and entertaining to listen to than Simon Larkins from the Echo who sounds like he can't wait to go home.

grecian55

,After getting up at 6 am, going to Barnet and back ,getting home 10pm i never had the energy to Boo,The team is rapidly becoming a soft touch ,bullied and banged out of the game ,Fecking man up you ponces and next time can we have a proper Ref and not a YTS one ?
As we always say on the way home ,Good day out spoilt yet again by the football .

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is Tisdale's 5th League Two season. He must surely be the most experienced League 2 manager in League 2? You would think, then, that he would have it sussed, especially after finishing 2nd at his first attempt. Surely the League doesn't change that much from year to year? Maybe decade to decade, but not since 2012.

IndoMike

This is Tisdale's 5th League Two season. He must surely be the most experienced League 2 manager in League 2? You would think, then, that he would have it sussed, especially after finishing 2nd at his first attempt. Surely the League doesn't change that much from year to year? Maybe decade to decade, but not since 2012.
Don't worry, Globey. Tisdale announced that he has a 5-year plan those 5 seasons ago. And he is excited by the team this season. He is developing young players such as Butterfield, Oakley, McAllister, Noble, Harley and Morrison. He isn't complacent, the players aren't complacent, he doesn't make endless changes to the team every week, he doesn't have favorites, he doesn't stifle the players, he does know what he is doing, he isn't a poser and he isn't full of bullsh*t. He doesn't have a too cozy relationship with Tagg and he doesn't have a job for life. I say, don't worry!

GrecianWonder

It was a poor performance but so much of the knee jerk abuse on here is unwarranted. Butterfield had actually a reasonable game, some people just have it in their heads that he's awful. Case example in front of me, lad gave him abuse after butterfield gave the ball away on the back of roughly 10 good passes/ control and calls him useless. He isn't useless. Fair play to him giving it back. He carried on with a cut foot from the studs up tackle he received and got a yellow for. If fans feel it's their 'right' to boo, then players also have a 'right' to defend themselves.

Also because no one has decided to discuss it, Akinde should have had a red. That would have changed the game a bit and we would have had a better chance breaking down 9 men behind the ball rather than 10. That's the 3rd red card we haven't received in 5 games. Refereeing hasn't helped us at all with this injury spell.

Last edited: