• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite time Exeter smashed another team

tonykellowfan

We all love a good win, where we smash the other team and pile in plenty of goals.

Two spring to mind, the playoff second leg against Torquay and the Charlton away match where they made it free entry and we won 3-1 I think.

Any others?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
The night we beat Newcastle at home 80/81 season is totally ingrained and will stay with me for life

iscalad

This was on Twitter todayTony Kellow and Lee Roberts.jpg, apparently, Magic moment when Lee smashed in the equaliser. Ok we didn't win but it set up the replay in which we smashed them. :)

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

The night we beat Newcastle at home 80/81 season is totally ingrained and will stay with me for life
You and me both, although Lincoln away on the last day of the Championship season was something to savour. 5-1 away from home is something never heard of.

Grecian2K

The Hodgey inspired 0-3 mullering of the Sc*m (in the technicolor yawn kit) must surely rank somewhere
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9N8mC1gpX8g

Mind you, Ollie's 93d minute winner last season (whilst not a "smashing") was a smasher
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7HKakb3bA

AlanDevlin

Thirded... One of the best nights.... Totally trashed them.

Thames Valley Red

Thirded... One of the best nights.... Totally trashed them.
The EASY EASY EASY charts and the pre-final whistle pitch invasion were hilarious. Torquay away 4 1

Grecian2K

What about the Barrow game the day they were dumped out of the league last game of the season
HT City 0 Barrow 1
FT City 7 Barrow 1

fred binneys head

Away at Birmingham in the league cup in the early 90s was good too - a resounding 4-1 win, which included two goals from our Eamo (RIP) against his former club.

But in answer to the OP, my favourite has to be the 3-0 drubbing of Argyle in 93, as mentioned by someone else above.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
bac right in the day maybe 67/8 ish ? absolutely mullered Bradford park ave, they were bottom and absolutely dire , but their really young keeper played out of his skin and he was shoulder carried off
anyone else remember it ?