• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did you manage to get your chops around a saveloy on your trip home, Lammie?
:) :) :) :)

Too busy raffling around WH Smiths at South Mimms services to see if they had the latest copy of 'Caravan Monthly' mate.

LammieLammieLammie

I wouldn't bother either coming back to Exeweb or apologizing!
Just carry on supporting the City. I enjoy your contributions in the commentary box.
:) You're very kind, thank you. Exeweb is an important part of ECFC history isn't it? Does Ky still post? ;)

Meant to say, the reason I logged on today for the first time since 2013 was because i felt really bad about reporting that Jake Taylors hammy had gone.

Last week, the Senior Grecians organised an event about BBC radio Devon and Jimmy Giles, Andrew Barge, Vic Morgan and myself were privileged to go and talk about what it's like reporting for the Beeb on City. It was a really humbling experience. At the start of the night, Phil Bater read out a hand written letter from a 'good old boy' that can't get to matches anymore but relies on commentary. He wrote a really heart felt letter thanking us for the passion and for making us feel that he was at the games. It was really moving.

It was a really good turn out by the senior grecians, and it kind of made me realise how much people rely on the Beeb for an absolutely
accurate reflection of what goes on at the games we cover.

One of the Senior Grecians came up to me after and said "I loved what you said last week' ... and apparently i had referred to SJP as 'The home of football' ... It was really humbling...

So, When looking through the match day thread, i realised that i had referred to Jakes hammy going , and thought it was only right and proper that I came on here to say that he doesn't think it has.... so lets hope those good old boys read Exeweb.

Last edited:

iscalad

Sohail is a proper fan mate, I really like working with him... and he seems to be a bit of a lucky charm for us!

OK, i accept you are not Andy Roscoe!
After a few years of listening, I now quite Like Sohail's commentary. Used to annoy the hell out of me when he went on about players wearing stockings, though.

LammieLammieLammie

After a few years of listening, I now quite Like Sohail's commentary. Used to annoy the hell out of me when he went on about players wearing stockings, though.
:) agreed. Still need to work on 'Bobby Olejnik in goals'.

fred binneys head

Sohail is a proper fan mate, I really like working with him... and he seems to be a bit of a lucky charm for us!

OK, i accept you are not Andy Roscoe!
He tries hard, but he's no Lammie :)

PeteUSA

:) You're very kind, thank you. Exeweb is an important part of ECFC history isn't it? Does Ky still post? ;)
No Kyunge (sic) for about four years or so now mate. We couldnt half do with him right now! :S

LammieLammieLammie

No Kyunge (sic) for about four years or so now mate. We couldnt half do with him right now! :S
:) Avatar was Father Ted wasn't it? What else has happened Pete? Do you still review the Keeps?

PeteUSA

Yep, they still keep me busy! As an aside, it'll be 10 years in november that you kindly took me to meet everyone at the centre mate. Our 40th Wedding anniversity. It'll be the golden on nov 12th! We had lost that day too Kiddy, but nobody minded so much back then.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Yep, they still keep me busy! As an aside, it'll be 10 years in november that you kindly took me to meet everyone at the centre mate. Our 40th Wedding anniversity. It'll be the golden on nov 12th! We had lost that day too Kiddy, but nobody minded so much back then.
No way! Mate, that's not an aside, that was an honour! ' Nobody minded then.... ' great line! where are Kiddy now....

When are you over again?

If my memory serves me right, we made you late for your party... :)

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Crikey, not been on here for a couple of years and already had to apologise twice in 20 mins. Sorry about Blackpool.
I'll forgive you :$