• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happened to the work parties?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
They shoot horses, don't they?

PeteUSA

So, out of interest; how many showed up?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, out of interest; how many showed up?
From the photographs, I would estimate a dozen.

Legohead

Banned
The Club has done some great pics on social media this weekend. A huge bog well done to all those that turned up and got involved.
Agree. Really nice to see the photos of fans pitching in and helping. Especially the one of the dad with his kid painting the terracing. A unique bonding experience between the kid and his dad and also between the kid and the football club i don't doubt. I'm sure when he's older the lad will remember the times chipping in down at SJP to help his club.

Absolutely fantastic. It's a big well done from me anyway and the club are lucky to have such great people willing to help and get involved.

Grecian_Nick

As one of those who was there on Sunday I would say there were about 15-20 of us in total - some were working inside so pictures don't show the full cohort. I understand there were a few more on the Saturday. By the end of Sunday the Big Bank had had a good clean down and about half of the barriers - plus the Red Legion heart - had been repainted, so quite a bit done but still a lot to do with the yellow stairs needing a repaint too.

Three things stand out for me:

1. The time it takes to repaint a barrier is far longer than you'd expect! In about 5 hours on Sunday my 11 year old and I (thanks for the comments Legohead - nail on head. We'll be moving from the old grandstand to exactly where we were painting this season so he stand and sing with even more pride!) managed to complete 2 barriers.

2. The dedication of those who help way beyond work parties is immense. It was a pleasure to meet Andy Holloway plus 'Phil' who was coordinating the work on the Big Bank - and it was clear they would be back over the coming weeks to complete the job as there is still much to do.

3. SJP is going to feel very strange this season. We've all seen the pictures - but seeing the hoarding up right behind the away end goal and the same to come on the old grandstand really brings it home.

Roll on 5 August!

Colesman Ballz

As one of those who was there on Sunday I would say there were about 15-20 of us in total - some were working inside so pictures don't show the full cohort. I understand there were a few more on the Saturday. By the end of Sunday the Big Bank had had a good clean down and about half of the barriers - plus the Red Legion heart - had been repainted, so quite a bit done but still a lot to do with the yellow stairs needing a repaint too.

1. The time it takes to repaint a barrier is far longer than you'd expect! In about 5 hours on Sunday my 11 year old and I (thanks for the comments Legohead - nail on head. We'll be moving from the old grandstand to exactly where we were painting this season so he stand and sing with even more pride!) managed to complete 2 barriers.

2. The dedication of those who help way beyond work parties is immense. It was a pleasure to meet Andy Holloway plus 'Phil' who was coordinating the work on the Big Bank - and it was clear they would be back over the coming weeks to complete the job as there is still much to do.

3. SJP is going to feel very strange this season. We've all seen the pictures - but seeing the hoarding up right behind the away end goal and the same to come on the old grandstand really brings it home.

Roll on 5 August!
Thanks Nick, for devoting your time to our club, and credit for setting a wonderful example and ethos to the nipper !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Roll on 5 August!
Thanks to all the volunteers.

Anyone know if there'll be a further work party to finish painting the barriers?

mumbo

That's the plan.....watch this space.

Thanks to all who gave up their sunny weekend, it was great to be improving
our ground & chatting about City while we did so.

Lovely too to see a succession of supporters leaving the ground with their OG seats.
Good to know they'll be enjoyed around the City & farther afield, including one destined for Australia!

Elaine

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done the work parties in getting the Big Bank spruced up and in particular Phil. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/phil-wright-painting-of-the-big-bank/