• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
RECAP CURRENT SQUAD LIST PLEASE CORRECT, COPY AND PASTE IF ANY ERRORS
CORRECTION.
Pym
Hamon
Sweeney
Brown
Martin
Moxey
Woodman
Tilson
Collins
Taylor J
Law
Boateng
Holmes
Sparkes
Forte
Abrahams
Matt Jay
Stockley
Seymour
Isn’t all this on the front page of the thread?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We certainly need two or three more, but if we can’t get the right ones then would rather use loan market than just sign anybody for numbers.

It all depends how many of the youngsters MT trusts to be used in the squad as to if we need more than two or three. We want 22 or 23 I think who we would be happy to see in an 18 man match day squad.

IndoMike

We certainly need two or three more, but if we can’t get the right ones then would rather use loan market than just sign anybody for numbers.

It all depends how many of the youngsters MT trusts to be used in the squad as to if we need more than two or three. We want 22 or 23 I think who we would be happy to see in an 18 man match day squad.
Hopefully this bloke Oates is suitable, which will allow cover for Sweeney if he is injured or needs to switch to centre back to cover someone else.

John William

I remain of the view that we should aim to have 2 first team ready players in every position.

Loans are much more difficult these days as apart from goalkeepers short term loans are no longer allowed. Got to be made during the transfer windows (however the loan window closes 31 August, not the permanent window of 9 August) and be for a half or full season (see. Rule 53).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex Hartridge and Max Smallcombe set for loan move to Truro City. Both played for Truro in a friendly vs Cardiff at the weekend.

Should be excellent experience for both of them.

Red Bill

Looks like Ryan Loft has signed for Leicester, so he won't be coming our way.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Ryan Loft has signed for Leicester, so he won't be coming our way.
Truly bizarre signing.

Joshyd123

Truly bizarre signing.
Why? Leicester have already stated he will be with their development squad, rather than in the first team squad. They may be lacking a tall striker to help others in their youth set ups feed off.

Red Bill

Truly bizarre signing.
Yup, i have to say I never saw that one coming!

budegrecian

Alex Hartridge and Max Smallcombe set for loan move to Truro City. Both played for Truro in a friendly vs Cardiff at the weekend.

Should be excellent experience for both of them.
Certainly a good move for Smallcombe. Regular football, at a decent standard, after an injury hit season last year, should be of great value with regard to him, ultimately, progressing towards the first team squad.
Hartridge played for Truro last season & I'd hoped he may have been ready to force his way into the squad. However, with Deanno, Woodman & Croll as left sided defenders, I guess MT decided he wasn't going to make it this year & therefore loaning him out makes good sense.