• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anybody know why Swindon's results are so average this season? They used to be a team to fear in this league.

David Treharne

It's 21c and the wind has increased to a steady 5, but the barometer is suggesting a change in wind direction to SSW which might reduce it's gustiness, though not I fear in time for the game itself. It's nor rained during the morning and the cloud cover has lifted a little bit, Weatherwise I think the weather could be a significant factor.

This afternoons collection by the Trust is for a defibrillator for the new Stagecoach Adam Stansfield stand, a very good cause.

Cheltenham v Yeovil is off because of "International Calls" on Cheltenham!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No way, they would get totally overrun.
I don't know how you can be so sure about that.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym, Sweeney, Martin, Law, Holmes, Stockley, Forte, Moxey, Croll, Taylor, Boateng

Hamon, L Martin, Ogbene, Jay, Abrahams, Tillson, O'Shea

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s a great starting 11 and a great bench too - come on city

rustle

With this wind, keeping the ball down with short, quick passes will work in our favour but it won't necessarily be to Stockley's liking. Playing through the middle then down the wings should deal with that though.

Temporarily Exiled

I wonder what the point of bringing back Hartridge was when he still doesn't make the bench, was getting useful game time at Truro.

rustle

And a defibrillator for the new OG sounds a good idea.

Last edited:

Swindonfan

Anybody know why Swindon's results are so average this season? They used to be a team to fear in this league.
Yes, 2 reasons, we are incredibly inconsistant and also we don't shoot when we get into good positions, our players want to walk the ball into the net.

Our best striker isn't playing today Adebayo and Richards has been next to useless all season so far.

Our line up has surprised most Town fans too, we are playing with 3 centre backs today as we did on Tuesday rather than the flat 4.

scottus86

Pym, Sweeney, Martin, Law, Holmes, Stockley, Forte, Moxey, Croll, Taylor, Boateng

Hamon, L Martin, Ogbene, Jay, Abrahams, Tillson, O'Shea
Apart from Brown/Croll, that's our opening day line up. I hope the performance is just as good. I think this game will be down to who wins the battles in midfield and we certainly have the quality in there. I really liked the Stockley/Forte combination in the first few games, they worked well together and hopefully they can find that form they had before Forte's injury.