• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Remaining Fixtures

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon this weekend we beat Oldham, and Newport, Stevenage, Colchester and Carlisle all lose. We then breathe out.
And then when Newport fail to beat Oldham on the Tuesday, we will have clinched 7th place!

I reckon that whatever happens our season goes beyond next weekend. However with either the best possible or worst possible results before then we will have nothing to play for on the final Saturday.

IndoMike

I reckon this weekend we beat Oldham, and Newport, Stevenage, Colchester and Carlisle all lose. We then breathe out.
Loving it. Agree.

Spoonz Red E

I really hope Lincoln can at least draw against Newport this Saturday.

A possible knock on effect of us beating Oldham is, due to it putting paid to their own playoff chances and condemning them to mid table, they may not feel inclined to put in a shift in their extra Tuesday night game at ..... Newport.

If we beat Oldham and Newport also win on Saturday we may well have to get a better points result at FGR than Newport get at Morecambe on the final day.

Stelios

Squeaky calculator time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really hope Lincoln can at least draw against Newport this Saturday.

A possible knock on effect of us beating Oldham is, due to it putting paid to their own playoff chances and condemning them to mid table, they may not feel inclined to put in a shift in their extra Tuesday night game at ..... Newport.

If we beat Oldham and Newport also win on Saturday we may well have to get a better points result at FGR than Newport get at Morecambe on the final day.[/QUOTE

It was a long time ago but that rather soft, late equalising goal we let in against Newport at home is start to look rather crucial now!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Squeaky calculator time.

We just need to concentrate on winning on Saturday which should mean we still have something to play for on the last day. A draw might just about keep us in contention but is unlikely to be enough.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sincerely hope Morecambe are not on the beach when they “entertain” Newport last game of the season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a long time ago but that rather soft, late equalising goal we let in against Newport at home is start to look rather crucial now!
There have been quite a few soft goals that we have conceded particularly of late that we could lament over but I know what you mean with that one which cost us 2 points and gave Newport 1

andrew p long

Back to top.

( the thread, not City)

Interesting views (and at least one astute wager) on here...