• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lee Martin is playing very, very well at the moment would like to see him replace Williams who was disappointing yesterday and at Newport.
Lee Martin isn't a wing back, that is where Williams has been playing.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Williams isn't a wing back either, especially not a right sided wing back...

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Williams definately isn't a wing back. He's very definately you're stereotypical winger. When he's on song he's unplayable but when he isn't you wonder why he's out there..... a bit like yesterday.

exeter-loyal

Just been reading a Grimsby forum where it was said Grimsby manager prioritised the game v us as opposed to the Chelsea game and that they thought Exeter had picked a team to play against a Hanson & Green front 2 pairing and they purposely put the different front pairing to play as they were quicker and would cause us problems with their speed ,i think that was spot on ,they also said a Stonewall penalty to us near the end and pointed out that they don't think that our Keeper Ward made a save despite us conceding 3 , thoughts anyone ?
Pretty much bang on, the 3 they had on target they converted. Believe it or not we had 22 attempts in that game yesterday and scored once. We have to do better in front of goal and start taking some of these chances. We have Crewe away and Forest Green at home in the next 2 games. If we are going to get anything out of these coming games we have to be more clinical in front of goal.

les.gtfc

Thought we were deserved winners yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Exeter.

Our first goal was straight off the training ground but I'm amazed at how much room he was given on the edge of the box. The 2nd was a clear penalty and the 3rd was when we caught you out as you were pushing to get back in the game and we had 3 v 2 to make in 3. As for the much maligned referee, I didn't think he had too bad a game but he certainly missed a clear penalty for you but as were were already 3 up at the time I don't think it would have changed the result. What a porker the guy is though, must be the fattest ref I've seen for a long time. Someone also mentioned that he's a Plymouth fan (don't know if that was in jest) but if true surely he shouldn't be allowed to ref your games.

Had a good chat with a few of your fans in The St.Annes Well before the game and then afterwards in the club bar. Always impressed with the friendliness of your fans and I enjoyed the curry at The Ghandi in the evening.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the return game of course) and hope to see a few of you up in Grimsby in January.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams definately isn't a wing back. He's very definately you're stereotypical winger. When he's on song he's unplayable but when he isn't you wonder why he's out there..... a bit like yesterday.
Only 2 players in the top 4 divisions have created more goals than Randell this season which suggests he's doing a lot right already.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty much bang on, the 3 they had on target they converted. Believe it or not we had 22 attempts in that game yesterday and scored once. We have to do better in front of goal and start taking some of these chances. We have Crewe away and Forest Green at home in the next 2 games. If we are going to get anything out of these coming games we have to be more clinical in front of goal.
Let's not forget we are still top of the table and, for what it's worth, the underlying data suggests we deserve to be there. I'm sure Matt Taylor will tweak the team next week but there's no need to worry too much just yet.

exeter-loyal

Let's not forget we are still top of the table and, for what it's worth, the underlying data suggests we deserve to be there. I'm sure Matt Taylor will tweak the team next week but there's no need to worry too much just yet.
Interesting stats and still good to see us in that position!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
FAO Arthur and GrecIAN Harris,

I never said Williams was a wing back, that is where he has been playing though.