• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXETER CITY V NORTHAMPTON TOWN MDT

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair comment John. From the distant vantange point on the BB it is hard to tell...for instance could the same "accusation" have been also been made of RW's priceless equaliser.

On repeated watching that one didn't look too dissimilar?

The goal I'm a little surprised hasn't been commented upon much is Aaron M's header. A true Cental Defender's "dive in where the boots are flying". One that Shaun Taylor / Jim McNic, Lord Rob Edwards and, even KMT himself, would have been proud of.

Goal of the Month (already) IMHO!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version of yesterday. Hoping that they'll show Sparkes's free kick!

There's some good stuff in there!

andrew p long

Yep, the number of last ditch tackles and blocks he has made is adding up. Plus a few goals to boot. Seems to me he's our best defender.
The finish for his goal was top class, both getting in front of the defender and angling the header home.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Stelios

The 360 version of yesterday. Hoping that they'll show Sparkes's free kick!

Maybe the £500 can go towards an automatic focus lens? o_O

:D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Aaron Martin in the EFL's team of the week

budegrecian

Aaron Martin in the EFL's team of the week

Again!

STURTZ

Kid's a genius and if Fisher hadn't got in the way Atangana could have put Williams away there.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few observations on Saturdays performance.

The ref first half, got himself mugged by Northampton's continued heckling, different attitude second half, why are they so inconsistent? Their no. 16 must be lucky to be still on the pitch come half time for two bookables.

Dean Moxey, as has been mentioned after Jack Sparkes went off was running around like the proverbial headless chicken for the final minutes

I know that it is a subjective decision but how the hell was Fisher named man of the match? Surely Wiliams Sparkes or Collins

No mention much of Law and his performance, I thought he is still off his best, couple of times he dithered and then misplaced when a quick accurate ball through could have seen Williams beat the defensive line and set him on his way ala his Plymouth Argyle goal.

Bowman still needs to hit the target and make their goalie pull off a save - a near miss is still a miss (twice)

As I have already stated Maxted looks to be lacking confidence and appeared a bit indecisive at times, and looking at the highlights

Other than that a thoroughly enjoyable match with end to end play and which could have ended 5-5, good to see the Northampton strikers pulling a Bowman, particularly as frail as Maxted looked

Andy Holloway

A few observations on Saturdays performance.

The ref first half, got himself mugged by Northampton's continued heckling, different attitude second half, why are they so inconsistent? Their no. 16 must be lucky to be still on the pitch come half time for two bookables.

Dean Moxey, as has been mentioned after Jack Sparkes went off was running around like the proverbial headless chicken for the final minutes

I know that it is a subjective decision but how the hell was Fisher named man of the match? Surely Wiliams Sparkes or Collins

No mention much of Law and his performance, I thought he is still off his best, couple of times he dithered and then misplaced when a quick accurate ball through could have seen Williams beat the defensive line and set him on his way ala his Plymouth Argyle goal.

Bowman still needs to hit the target and make their goalie pull off a save - a near miss is still a miss (twice)

As I have already stated Maxted looks to be lacking confidence and appeared a bit indecisive at times, and looking at the highlights

Other than that a thoroughly enjoyable match with end to end play and which could have ended 5-5, good to see the Northampton strikers pulling a Bowman, particularly as frail as Maxted looked
To be honest, i wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over who is MoM, it's chosen by the Match Day Sponsors, without wishing to be rude to them, the majority of whom are not regular attendees at SJP. They may also not have actually watched the whole game, hospitality is quite likely to make somebody remain taking advantage of it before, during or after a game!