• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see one.
Playing in a ploughed field should be interesting.
3 points would be excellent.

arthur

Can't see one.
Playing in a ploughed field should be something we're used to.
3 points would be excellent.
Amended for factuals

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big game and a chance to put a dent in a promotion rival. This is the tightest L2 I've ever known in terms of the table. No runaway leaders and 2 wins on the bounce will see us soar into the autos whereas 2 losses will likely see us drop well out of the play offs. A crucial stage of the season and we need to hang in there. I'm still hopeful for the title. ;)

Corey

Newport not been on a great run since a load of their loan players left in January so I’m hoping we can get a win though it will probably be scrappy.
To be honest still not convinced this game will be on so I’ll be waiting until 18:59 to buy my iFollow pass!!

Legohead

Banned
A lot of predictions on their forum saying this will be either a draw or a win for us. Can't see this game being in any doubt judging by the forecast tbh. Hopefully this will turn out to be the case. Can see a dull, unedifying spectacle as a football match tonight with getting the job done the primary task at hand above all else. I think it will be a 1-1 draw though and we'll need to defend a lot better than we did in the Bradford game.

If we can a win tonight then brilliant, but a draw and give hapless Grimsby a battering on Saturday and it will be a great week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The only prediction I'm making is that the game will be on! Will the break have done us good? Not so sure, but we have two wins on the bounce.

Jason's preview

StroudGrecian

Rain looks to be easing off in South Wales from mid afternoon onwards so I think it will go ahead.

IndoMike

Every time we get close to the autos we slip back. However, Newport are no great shakes at the moment so I predict a 1-0 or 2-1 to the lads.
COYR.

SaintJames

Presumably Robbie Willmott wont be able to play against his parent club? If yes this seriously weakens our options

Colesman Ballz

Presumably Robbie Willmott wont be able to play against his parent club? If yes this seriously weakens our options
No he won't ! :(