• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng - Yes or No?

Topsham Boy

Do the twenty or thirty people that post on here represent the vast majority of City supporters though? Just asking.
Of course we do!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do the twenty or thirty people that post on here represent the vast majority of City supporters though? Just asking.
I clearly said on here.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
No.We should continue to only look at high energy,young,quick players in midfield. The days of 20 triangle passes before we get over the halfway line are over.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised he managed 90 minutes yesterday as this was something that he regularly struggled to do in his time with us.
He's playing in a side that were top of the leage, he has ability, certainly, & can score the occassional wonder goal, but appears to lack commitment IMO.
So no from me, although I understand MT did try to keep him.
I've seen this or words to that effect many times since Boateng left but have have no idea where this notion has arisen from.

Pobbop

He was injury prone, loved him when he played, but would hope we can get someone younger and less brittle as a defensive midfielder, once we move Atananga along.

TBH I am hoping next season will be Harry Kite's and we'll all be singing a song from Mary Poppins on the Big Bank, oh remember singing on the Big Bank....

STURTZ

Personally think Hiram had injury problems with us, which he seems to have overcome. Always had a quality about him but was hindered by playing a more defensive role whilst his strength was in going forward. I wouldn't say we should bring him back, we've moved on and have our own kids that play attacking mid now but he's league 1 quality and I know Argyle fans that would agree.

Bittners a Legend

Not in the slightest bit interested. Flattered to deceive. Doesn’t offer anywhere near enough combatively to justify a place in central midfield ahead of Collins or Taylor so you’d be looking at fitting him in where Jay plays off the front man and for me he doesn’t produce enough goals or assists for that.

budegrecian

I've seen this or words to that effect many times since Boateng left but have have no idea where this notion has arisen from.
Someone posted earlier about his casual attitude during the warm up to games, looking disinterested. Add this to the fact that he ran out of legs after about 70 minutes, raising question marks about his fitness,; this probably goes some way to explaining where the notion came from.

grecIAN Harris

Someone posted earlier about his casual attitude during the warm up to games, looking disinterested. Add this to the fact that he ran out of legs after about 70 minutes, raising question marks about his fitness,; this probably goes some way to explaining where the notion came from.
So because he appears to be casual in his warm up, he lacks commitment. 77 games in two seasons with us (and those were his first two full seasons where he was playing regularly) and people think he has fitness problems. I think that suggests the general notion is nonsense.

Pobbop

So because he appears to be casual in his warm up, he lacks commitment. 77 games in two seasons with us (and those were his first two full seasons where he was playing regularly) and people think he has fitness problems. I think that suggests the general notion is nonsense.
In general I am not against going back to players, we've had many greats including your avatar with various spells at the club, I just don't think Hiram fits that category of great myself, and as I say not sure the wages he'll be on will be worth it, with the likes of Kite and Dean on the fringes of a place, and Collins and Taylor first choice.