• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kieran Phillips (in on loan)

Average Joe

Shame we can't ask our striker coach Nicky Ajose to play upfront for a couple of games :)

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amond is a decent player but seems much better off the bench. When he has started for us he hasn't impressed. I would bring him on earlier in matches though 55/60 minute mark.

Neither Phillips nor Zanzala impress me very much. They run around, they try and do something but nothing much comes off. The difference is clear to see when Brown gets the ball, his touch is so much better, his awareness is miles better and he makes things happen. Zanzala looks low on skill and Phillips low on confidence.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.These days , being stuck up here it’s not so easy , and experiencing what’s going on on at games as it were .I really miss being able to attend matches on a regular basis and seeing what’s what.
Let’s just hope we’ve got enough fire power to get us over the line.

andrew p long

My take on Philips is that he's quick, skilful and OK in front of goal. But lightweight, so you can see why walsall played him out wide.

And therefore he doesn't fit our system which currently requires (according to MT) a 'battering ram' up front. Kieran is the sort of striker who might flourish beside a Ryan Bowman in a 4-4-2. But that's not what we are playing this season.

However I think MT will continue to rotate our three loan strikers. In my view Kieran is best used in home games where the opposition pack their defence. So I wouldn't be surprised if he started this Saturday.

(PS Banksy - off topic - but do you use ifollow? As a fellow Exile who for various reasons doesn't get to many games, I have become addicted to ifollow. Watched the full game last Tuesday, last night and will do so on Saturday too-being streamed because its international weekend. And I think you get a better view of the game than being at the ground - certainly judging by the numerous errors made by commentators!)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
certainly judging by the numerous errors made by commentators!)
I used to religiously listen to radio Devon when ever I couldn't get to a match and believe the commentators words were gospel, however since ifollow I have come to realise what utter bollox they talk and the basic errors that they make like getting players names wrong is shocking. Not only are players appearances different they have their names on the back of the shirts, and numbers on the shorts - so amateur.

crocks

I used to religiously listen to radio Devon when ever I couldn't get to a match and believe the commentators words were gospel, however since ifollow I have come to realise what utter bollox they talk and the basic errors that they make like getting players names wrong is shocking. Not only are players appearances different they have their names on the back of the shirts, and numbers on the shorts - so amateur.
I nearly turned the commentary off last night as they were getting on my nerves so much. The co-commentator was really poor....and talk about repeating yourself.