• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
3pm kick off for Sunderland vs Wycombe at Wembley. Sunderland have sold 48,000 tickets against Wycombe's 20,000. My nephews are on the coach and just leaving the north.
Hoping for a Wycombe win so we can get to come up against Sunderland next season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hoping for a Wycombe win so we can get to come up against Sunderland next season.
If it happens, we'll be playing Sunderland on a Tuesday night and every motorway from Sunderland to Exeter will be closed after the game :(

elginCity

Our record home crowd was against Sunderland in the cup, would be great to play them in the league !

Red Devon

If it happens, we'll be playing Sunderland on a Tuesday night and every motorway from Sunderland to Exeter will be closed after the game :(
I’m not sure if you look at our fixtures over the last few years we seem to get most of the “long haul” away games on on Saturdays, August/September or April time..maybe just a coincidence though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is there a way to get the commentary of Sunderland/Wycombe? I see Radio 5 are covering the Scottish FA Cup.

IndoMike

And we're more likely to beat Sunderland than Wycombe next season. I can see us doing the double over them.
Wycombe too street-smart.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure if you look at our fixtures over the last few years we seem to get most of the “long haul” away games on on Saturdays, August/September or April time..maybe just a coincidence though.
There does seem to be a deliberate policy to have the longest away trips at the start and end of the season to reduce the risk of postponement. However, we still ended up at Barrow on a Tuesday last season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian Royal

Is there a way to get the commentary of Sunderland/Wycombe? I see Radio 5 are covering the Scottish FA Cup.
I'm sure it's either on Talksport or Talksport2

DawlishBouy

Strange story. Forest Green’s retained list shows him as being released for free:

Status
Not open for further replies.