• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter Siddle is out of action due to a back problem. Not good news - just hope he's OK by September.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must be a Cornishman somewhere in his pedigree! :)
At least Denzil wasn't bowling from the other end

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
So nearly a one man masterclass. Ben Green just out in last over to a very good catch by Slipalong Trevaskis right in front of me.
Somerset lose by just 9 runs,
Great catch to win it - they dropped several easier ones earlier on

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the risk of upsetting someone on here...Will Smeed becomes the first batsman to hit a hundred in The Hundred. I guess Somerset could have done with him today 🤔

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the risk of upsetting someone on here...Will Smeed becomes the first batsman to hit a hundred in The Hundred. I guess Somerset could have done with him today 🤔
Why is that on the Cricket thread :(

Alistair20000

I don’t think Will Smeed would necessarily be a success in the 50 over gig. He just hits baseball shots trying to smack the leather off every ball and is very one dimensional.

Doesn’t The Hundred have a daft name for a hundred/century ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is called a 'Noton'

Rosencrantz

I don’t think Will Smeed would necessarily be a success in the 50 over gig. He just hits baseball shots trying to smack the leather off every ball and is very one dimensional.

If he doesn't he will earn a good living on the T20 circuit. That's cricket these days.

Alistair20000

If he doesn't he will earn a good living on the T20 circuit. That's cricket these days.
True dat

Alistair20000

James Hildreth has announced his retirement at the end of the season.

The end of an era in Somerset cricket. Unfortunately he never looked very happy which may have led to less appreciation of him and his achievements than is deserved. He was probably close to a Test call up at one point but the perceived Taunton batter's paradise may have swayed against that.

He was fielding just in front of me most of yesterday and looked very pensive and even distracted. I think he might also be carrying an injury. He was not at all fluent batting.

Thanks Hildy for all you have done for Somerset cricket and best wishes for the future.