• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley away - Saturday 27 August

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Darn those engineering works. :mad:

Same issues as when we played Northampton away last season

Engineering work is taking place between Northampton / Milton Keynes Central and London Euston, and also in the London Euston area, closing various lines.
Looking at alternatives, as I'd quite like to go.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Travelled up to Accy by train in 2016 for a change. Never again.The connection to & from Preston was a multiple unit with 3 carriages with a guess about 200 people rammed on it..One of the big clubs near to Accrington were at home that day, according to a local the ‘refugee special’ was a regular occurrence.

Normal service was resumed the next season with me driving, dropping the lads at the local ‘Spoons for their breakfast at 1030 whilst I had a mooch around..Not much there tbh 😎

andrew p long

Darn those engineering works. :mad:

Same issues as when we played Northampton away last season

Looking at alternatives, as I'd quite like to go.
Looks very tricky! The alternative would normally be either route to Birmingham (Chiltern from Marylebone or X-Country from Paddington via Reading) However fewer changes going Kings Cross - Leeds and then catching the direct service to Accrington (the York-Blackpool North service).

I'm not sure what Neil le Milliere is planning for the London Exiles, but he's normally very very good at finding the best - or least worst! - alternative route

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks very tricky! The alternative would normally be either route to Birmingham (Chiltern from Marylebone or X-Country from Paddington via Reading) However fewer changes going Kings Cross - Leeds and then catching the direct service to Accrington (the York-Blackpool North service).

I'm not sure what Neil le Milliere is planning for the London Exiles, but he's normally very very good at finding the best - or least worst! - alternative route
King's Cross to Leeds and on the direct service to Accrington is a possibility.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tickets haven't yet arrived.

I'll probably stay over on the Friday at Todmorden.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tickets now available

KentGrecian

The mercure Hotel near blackburn is a lovely stop for those looking for accomodation. Always good prices as well!

Oldsmobile-88

The mercure Hotel near blackburn is a lovely stop for those looking for accomodation. Always good prices as well!
I use the Prem Inn at Chorley for that area..Pricey that Saturday being a BH weekend £150(Flex)

fred binneys head

The big question with roughly 500 standing and 500 seating is……where will the drum be?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The big question with roughly 500 standing and 500 seating is……where will the drum be?
On the terrace.