• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official Sticker Album

SaintJames

Just got round to reading the Cambridge programme and was very impressed to read that that there is an Official Cambridge Utd Sticker album and the programme contained 8 stickers. Im of a certain vintage that Panini stickers in the playground were a boys obsession. Given my similar obsession with Exeter City a sticker album would be a must have! I have no idea of the financial viability of this but do others feel that an Exeter City Sticker book would be a good idea for the club shop to stock?

tom_ecfc

I think you may be onto something here. A mix of the mens & womens team along with a club crest etc (all the usual sticker book stickers). It may be a bit late to get this up and running for this season, but one for next season. Using the programme to get ‘bonus’ stickers is a win win, as it would encourage fans to pick up a programme (i’m guessing programme sales have declined? I wonder how many programmes are sold each matchday?)

tom_ecfc

I also think a top trumps type of ecfc game would be a great product? Not sure how the licensing part would work though.

SaintJames

I think you may be onto something here. A mix of the mens & womens team along with a club crest etc (all the usual sticker book stickers). It may be a bit late to get this up and running for this season, but one for next season. Using the programme to get ‘bonus’ stickers is a win win, as it would encourage fans to pick up a programme (i’m guessing programme sales have declined? I wonder how many programmes are sold each matchday?)
Great comments Tom. Given Cambridge have already done all the spadework in terms of how this is done and possible printers and any other issues if someone at the club rang them on Monday I cant see why you couldn't get this up and running in 6-8 weeks just in time for the Christmas present list :) Regards programmes you are correct sales are much lower and will eventually die off as buyers tend to be in the older age groups so putting stickers in the programme would bring a whole new audience to the programme. I rarely ever buy one now whereas in years gone by I would for every game. I would start buying again if stickers were available as I'm sure would many others

tom_ecfc

Great comments Tom. Given Cambridge have already done all the spadework in terms of how this is done and possible printers and any other issues if someone at the club rang them on Monday I cant see why you couldn't get this up and running in 6-8 weeks just in time for the Christmas present list :) Regards programmes you are correct sales are much lower and will eventually die off as buyers tend to be in the older age groups so putting stickers in the programme would bring a whole new audience to the programme. I rarely ever buy one now whereas in years gone by I would for every game. I would start buying again if stickers were available as I'm sure would many others
It’s definitely an avenue that could be explored. I feel the club shop has huge potential. With regards to the programmes, I feel it could be beneficial to also have a virtual copy available as well as the paperback version. Maybe charge £1 each to view online? This would mean that fans who can’t attend games would be able to view the programme and would also help towards increasing where there is a shortfall in paperback programme sales to make sure they are still available. I’m a huge fan of paperback programmes and volunteer digitalising them for the Grecian Archive. so going back to the original point, trying something new to keep them ‘alive’ could be worth a try.

SaintJames

It’s definitely an avenue that could be explored. I feel the club shop has huge potential. With regards to the programmes, I feel it could be beneficial to also have a virtual copy available as well as the paperback version. Maybe charge £1 each to view online? This would mean that fans who can’t attend games would be able to view the programme and would also help towards increasing where there is a shortfall in paperback programme sales to make sure they are still available. I’m a huge fan of paperback programmes and volunteer digitalising them for the Grecian Archive. so going back to the original point, trying something new to keep them ‘alive’ could be worth a try.
I would definately pay a quid to view a copy online as if I do buy the occasional actual copy I tend to only skim through it anyway and never keep them anyway

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I would definately pay a quid to view a copy online as if I do buy the occasional actual copy I tend to only skim through it anyway and never keep them anyway
I remember something very similar [ecfc sticker book] appearing around 10;years ago

tom_ecfc

I remember something very similar [ecfc sticker book] appearing around 10;years ago
You are correct!

9DF0AD0E-6F3E-471F-95CE-E44E8C90943B.png

SaintJames

Announced as happening this season!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Announced as happening this season!
That's what you get when you read Exeweb. Good ideas.😀