• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly for legal reasons Andy is unable to say anything
As Andrew points out below, you can't prejudice proceedings which aren't active. I only mention this because it's become increasingly common over recent years for individuals. especially government ministers, to seek to avoid answering all manner of entirely legitimate questions on the grounds of 'sub judice' when, in actual fact, it's no such thing.

SaintJames

As Andrew points out below, you can't prejudice proceedings which aren't active. I only mention this because it's become increasingly common over recent years for individuals. especially government ministers, to seek to avoid answering all manner of entirely legitimate questions on the grounds of 'sub judice' when, in actual fact, it's no such thing.
Knowing your field of expertise I can say you are entirely correct but I was alluding to other forms of legalities surrounding his contract of employment as to why Andy may be unwilling to share any further info

Number13

the 'rumour' was of trouble that could result in a trip to prison. For that to happen he would have to be charged with an offence, which would be a matter of public record and publicly reported. There have been no such reports. So could be nothing, could be something.
But whats the flavour? Driving offence? Assault type thing?

Agent Andy

He’s been suspended by the club , make of that what you will

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why suspend him if he committed an action that will bring the club or anyone associated with him into disrepute just sack him - gross misconduct!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why suspend him if he committed an action that will bring the club or anyone associated with him into disrepute just sack him - gross misconduct!
The days of lynch mobs are over. Did you ever hear of the need for a fair trial first ? :p

Bridgy 81

Presumably because if you’re being investigated in relation to potentially committing a criminal offence or even if you’ve been charged with one it doesn’t mean that you’re guilty until or unless you’re convicted.
I suppose you can sack someone for gross misconduct even if it falls below the criminal threshold providing you’ve followed the appropriate employment legislation but until you know what he’s alleged to have done I think speculation is unnecessary and inappropriate.

StudentGrecian

If he’s been charged with something you’d expect a club statement, e.g Mendy at City. Obviously the club wouldn’t speculate on anything he is supposed to have done, just a suspended pending investigation type statement.
Just seems weird everything is being kept quiet and we’re left to guess at what’s going on as fans.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The days of lynch mobs are over. Did you ever hear of the need for a fair trial first ? :p
Presumably because if you’re being investigated in relation to potentially committing a criminal offence or even if you’ve been charged with one it doesn’t mean that you’re guilty until or unless you’re convicted.
I suppose you can sack someone for gross misconduct even if it falls below the criminal threshold providing you’ve followed the appropriate employment legislation but until you know what he’s alleged to have done I think speculation is unnecessary and inappropriate.
You're both right my bad, just frustration that someone is given a wonderful opportunity to play football as a career and yet are alleged to be throwing it away, not that I know or have any idea what he is supposed to have done, so I should have just kept my fingers of the keyboard on this one

dontpassback

The truth will out,it always does,but in the meantime,rumour and conjecture aren’t helpful in any scenario,so probably best left to the club to sort it out