• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NFL 2022

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season?

My team the Broncos have brought in Russell Wilson and I'm still not convinced they'll make the play offs the AFC West is as tough division as I've ever seen in NFL.

Who are your early Superbowl favourites? Who's your dark horses?

Dark horses are the Eagles for me

fred binneys head

I’m just hoping the Raiders can sort out their disciplinary issues. If they start the season like they played last season, giving away fouls every other play, I’ll tut rather loudly.

Bridgy 81

I don’t follow NFL closely but I do have an affinity for the 49ers.
That’s just because I saw them play a home season opener against New Orleans Saints at their old Candlestick Park stadium when I was in San Francisco some time back.
Saints (who were the reining Super Bowl Champions) won 25:22 with a 37 yard field goal 2 seconds from time.
That felt a bit like supporting City at home and losing to a last minute goal.
I’ve been to hundreds of sports events of different sorts (mostly football) over the years but this is the only NFL match I’ve attended and my clearest memory was the febrile nature of the crowd.
I didn’t feel unsafe at anytime and as I recall the supporters of the two teams were mixed in together but everyone seemed to be shouting very loudly about something or another all the time.
I think maybe the extremely combative nature of the game on the pitch transferred to the crowd in the stands in a non-physical but very raucous and pumped up way.
I‘ve kept an eye on the 49ers since and although their performances have been a bit patchy since their move to Santa Clara they did ok last season.
Note:
I timed my visit to San Francisco in part to be in September when the NFL season overlapped with the MLB one. So in the same week as the above I also went to watch San Francisco Giants beat the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Equally enjoyable but a lot more sedate and family friendly (my wife enjoyed the latter experience more).

Ashford Grecian

Finally The Packers come to the UK and I have a ticket 😃

Red & White

Just praying the Saint's have a half decent season, haven't been able to secure a ticket for their visit to the UK to face the Vikings this year. :(

angelic upstart

Just praying the Saint's have a half decent season, haven't been able to secure a ticket for their visit to the UK to face the Vikings this year. :(
I'm off to Broncos vs Jaguars in October. Looking forward to it already.

ecfc70

I am already looking forward to next year's draft where the Seahawks will be strong contenders for the number 1 pick.....a season of shambles awaits after the departure of the old and past it Wilson and the ever reliable Wagner, Geno Smith has be named as starting QB and the man has yet to complete a drive in preseason
Had absolutely no joy in getting tickets for the Munich game but watching the packers should be fun

ecfc70

Keep an eye out on the ticket site from about mid September, teams return unwanted tickets and scalpers realise they have too many to sell so more become available, if I notice it I'll put a shout out on this thread

mustangspeed2006

Finally The Packers come to the UK and I have a ticket 😃
I'm also going to the Packers vs Giants game. I had tried and failed to get tickets for the last several seasons (you are number 567,823 in the waiting list), but this year the stars have aligned. Can't wait!

mustangspeed2006

What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season?

My team the Broncos have brought in Russell Wilson and I'm still not convinced they'll make the play offs the AFC West is as tough division as I've ever seen in NFL.

Who are your early Superbowl favourites? Who's your dark horses?

Dark horses are the Eagles for me
My team, the Bills, should make the play offs again, but will inevitably fall short in the AFC championship game.

My dark horses are the Browns this season.