• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Potentially the biggest excuse for ineptitude on this planet err like forever...!
I thought that was you ..

DB9

Just had a text from "UK Health Department" saying I've recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid and to go to their link to order a testing kit, The txt number ending 505 is a scam so they have your card details if you order. Beware! These scammers will try anything. 😡😡

Alistair20000

Sleepy has Covid again. Get well soon Joe.

Mr Jinx

So I just got back from Canada where I saw first hand how a still Covid-scared country is dealing with things.

I cannot begin to describe what a omni-shambles clusterfeck it is over there with regards to this. If it was the UK, there'd be cries of how inept Boris and the Tories are over it, but we don't even come close. It nearly ruined our whole trip.

Anyway, back in the UK now, thankfully.

fred binneys head

So I just got back from Canada where I saw first hand how a still Covid-scared country is dealing with things.

I cannot begin to describe what a omni-shambles clusterfeck it is over there with regards to this. If it was the UK, there'd be cries of how inept Boris and the Tories are over it, but we don't even come close. It nearly ruined our whole trip.

Anyway, back in the UK now, thankfully.
Friends of mine have just returned from a holiday in Canada, had a great time, no mention of an ‘omni-shambles clusterfeck’ at all. Maybe they stayed in a different town.

Mr Jinx

Friends of mine have just returned from a holiday in Canada, had a great time, no mention of an ‘omni-shambles clusterfeck’ at all. Maybe they stayed in a different town.
So no 5 phone calls a day and Covid police knocking on your door then (despite being fully compliant)?

Complete and utter disarray.

angelic upstart

In peculiar twist of fate, my wife's mate has just returned from visiting her grandma. She didn't have a mask or anything and mentioned nothing re covid.

My boss has separately just come back from Vancouver on a family trip and mentioned nothing of it either.

As a side note, why is Canada so popular?

DB9

So no 5 phone calls a day and Covid police knocking on your door then (despite being fully compliant)?

Out of interest, When you booked the trip weren't you made aware of any Covid restrictions/Things you had to comply with?

Grecian2K

So no "monkey pox" or "bird flu" for that North American colony's scientists to fret about yet?

Mr Jinx

Out of interest, When you booked the trip weren't you made aware of any Covid restrictions/Things you had to comply with?
Yes, in fine detail. And we were compliant.

And we told then proved that to about 10 different people including some Government lackies who knocked on our door who admitted they didn't know the rules fully themselves. Absolute shambles.