• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope I’m right and it’s not just a money saving cost cutting thing
If it's 'a cost cutting thing', why would we give him a contract extension before he goes? Read between the lines.,....

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Even with the smith deal, had we previously signed someone in an evening of deadline day? Previously I can only recall signings during the day time of the final day.

As has been mentioned we should be able to back Matt Taylor in January if we can find the right deals, the extra funds may help us compete better even if it’s just for one specific player.

I might try and see if there is any mention on Fulham’s forum re stansfield, with Willian, Vinicius and James into Fulham I would have thought they would have wanted to get stansfield game time somewhere as imagine now other than FA Cup he might struggle to make their bench. Hopefully that somewhere is ECFC.

CWH-NYC_

So all being well we should be in for an interesting Friday and more importantly keeps this super riveting thread alive and a chance of some surprises 🤪

StudentGrecian

The latest DL article is a depressing read

Cowshed Grecian

If it's 'a cost cutting thing', why would we give him a contract extension before he goes? Read between the lines.,....
Still saving money loaning him out so what’s your point?

denzel

The Fulham twitter account has closed for the night so if it is Jay it will have to be tomorrow

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like he really wants to let rip but is biting his tongue. Can’t see him being here come next Summer if he gets the chance to move to a club with more finances.

Cowshed Grecian

Sounds like he really wants to let rip but is biting his tongue. Can’t see him being here come next Summer if he gets the chance to move to a club with more finances.
If your talking about Matty T then I’ve been thinking the same thing, we need to be careful…quite clear he has not been backed…we really don’t want him downing tools and moving on.

StudentGrecian

If your talking about Matty T then I’ve been thinking the same thing, we need to be careful…quite clear he has not been backed…we really don’t want him downing tools and moving on.
I don’t think it’s that he hasn’t been backed, there isn’t an endless pot of money. We just simply can’t compete with the current ownership model.

Grecian Max

MT clearly wants out with that comment…

I can’t believe how the window has gone, where are the “have patience” boys 😂