• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alfie Pond to Wolves for 500k

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
City’s new contract offer was shambolic or so I heard , so to say we are not to blame is not true . We’ve never really pushed the Alfie thing and in my view he’s been totally under rated by city for the last 5 years or so . Half a million is a snip of his real worth so in my view we’ve ****** up royally on this one 🤨🤨🤨
I’m on the club’s side rather than an agent’s 👍

Agent Andy

So am I , but a future captain needs some incentives to stay and become that future captain , not **** him off with a crap contract offer and the loan him out all season

denzel

Have we had any more confirmation on this, other than an article in The Athletic?

fred binneys head

So am I , but a future captain needs some incentives to stay and become that future captain , not **** him off with a crap contract offer and the loan him out all season
He also needs to have some modesty and realise that aged 17 he isn’t as good as Sam Stubbs, Pierce Sweeney, Alex Hartridge or Cheick Diabate. We’re playing in League 1 against huge clubs and he has hardly kicked a ball in the men’s game.

Matt wasn’t impressed with his attitude and I’m going to side with Matt rather than Pond’s agent. I’m not having a go at Alfie here by the way, he’s a young lad who will be listening to other people, it’s just a shame it’s ended this way for him, not that he’ll care now (although maybe later he will).

tonykellowfan

Unfortunately I tend to agree with AA in that the club have not handled this that well.

Red red

Why is this not on any club outlet ie Twitter

robchave

£500k for a 17 yo, virtually untried, defender has to be seen as pretty good business for the club and is a good indicator of how far we've come in under a decade. Not that long ago, our top scorers were moving on for less than that.
For the lad, I think it could be the wrong move and I'm sad that, as fans, we've missed out on potentially watching 'one of our own' playing at SJP. However, it's money in the bank now and, if he does make it through the highly competitive ranks of the Premier League under 21/23 football, hopefully more to come in the future (assuming our normal add-ons).
Good luck to the lad.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The £500k is likely to be divided three ways. So £166k to the player budget, £166k to capital, £166k to the Academy.

The £166k will probably be divided in to 3 years, which give a budget of £55k a year. Not a lot!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have we had any more confirmation on this, other than an article in The Athletic?
Nope

Grecianpasty

The biggest disappointment for me is that there has been no communication by the club to say he has gone. Regardless of what the lads attitude has been, he was still a city player and should be treated with the same class as anyone else who has donned the red and white.