• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pity he never played alongside Gazza.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone I know (reliable person who goes to the C&F on occasion) said he asked Stubbs how his injury was and Stubbs replied to say he isn't injured.

Don't shoot the messenger, but there could be more to this than meets the eye.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone I know (reliable person who goes to the C&F on occasion) said he asked Stubbs how his injury was and Stubbs replied to say he isn't injured.

Please , no more Ajose like conspiracy theories.Cue a hundred posts discussing his supposed fall out with Matt.

fred binneys head

That’s great news! He was injured on Saturday and now he isn’t - geddon Sam.

red1

Maybe because it isnt an injury. It might be a “condition” which is worse. An injury you can recover from

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please , no more Ajose like conspiracy theories.Cue a hundred posts discussing his supposed fall out with Matt.
Not a conspiracy theory, just saying what I was told - make of it what you will.

andrew p long

Maybe because it isnt an injury. It might be a “condition” which is worse. An injury you can recover from
You're right - his absence is not due to the sort of injury caused by a physical impact in a game, which is how we often think of an injury.. This is a sensible explanation of the Sam Stubbs (alleged) quote. Sam didn't go on to say 'and I am fit to play' (even if his words quoted are correct - Chinese whispers anyone?)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's not injured, he's managing a condition which is known as 'Fuked knee'

Cowshed Grecian

Sam will be back soon enough-3 weeks

Bridgy 81

I appreciate Sam has been great for us, especially in the second half of last season, but I’m getting to the point now where unfortunately I think enough is enough.
As we have a limited budget and consequently a small-ish squad I don’t think we can continue to carry someone despite how good they are when they’re only (occasionally) available.
I’m afraid I don’t think we can continue to afford him when his contract ends.