• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

ExmouthMart

Taylor won’t be leaving anytime soon…… At any other Club he would have been sacked if they had suffered a result like the playoff final against Northampton. We have no stomach as a Club to sack Managers and as the previous Manager showed, we don’t have the finances to do it either.
The only scenario where it might happen is if we go down and then out the League. I don’t think that will happen though as everyone seems to agree our squad on its day is a match for anyone, is just proving a bit tricky to field our best for more than one game!
I would quietly file this thread as well because if he did leave, who do you think The Club Board would turn to?! Stuff of nightmares for some on here….

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would quietly file this thread as well because if he did leave, who do you think The Club Board would turn to?! Stuff of nightmares for some on here….
Nah, we’re like the boot room at Liverpool in the 70s and 80s now. Wayno.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are much higher up the pyramid and able to offer our manager better wages than when Eamo and Inglethorpe left for other jobs. I also feel like MT has very much enjoyed becoming the main the man, and can't see him dropping into the vastness of PL academy or backroom staff. Especially not whilst his stock is high. The comments about him not getting the same time elsewhere will only apply if he doubts his ability, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't. If you don't shoot, you'll never score as they say, unless you go for a cross like Moxey did against Donny. ;) His predecessor's demise is reason to give serious consideration to any offers.
That was definitely not a cross he saw the Donny keeper off his line and the rest is history.

SaintJames

Do we know how long MTs contract is?
one year roller I believe

Colesman Ballz

That was definitely not a cross he saw the Donny keeper off his line and the rest is history.
Indeed, and the pundits who suggested it were talking out of their arsenals ! A Donny player had unsuccessfully tried to lob our keeper from the half way line, a few minutes earlier and Deano was just giving him a demonstration of how to do it properly ! :p

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't underestimate the value that some place on stability.
True, but there’s a greater value in a 4 year deal and a massive pay rise.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, but there’s a greater value in a 4 year deal and a massive pay rise.
Depends what your values are and what ismore important to you. Not everyone is motivated purely by money.

Cowshed Grecian

MT is in a good position. He knows he would never get sacked as Our manager, regardless of results etc… it must be the safest job in football. However I think he’s a talented manager and will leave on his own accord as he has ambition that we can’t match.

Bridgy 81

MT is in a good position. He knows he would never get sacked as Our manager, regardless of results etc… it must be the safest job in football. However I think he’s a talented manager and will leave on his own accord as he has ambition that we can’t match.
Possibly the second safest as I think the Harrogate Manager has his dad as his Chairman.

grecIAN Harris

Possibly the second safest as I think the Harrogate Manager has his dad as his Chairman.
Beware the family feud........