• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bristol Rovers prediction and discussion thread

tonykellowfan

Could be a match for MJ to make a return to form. I don’t know where he fits in now but I’m backing him to make an impact somewhere at some point soon.
I don't think he is going to start as Nombe and Stansfield up top with Brown behind is clearly the first choice.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be a match for MJ to make a return to form. I don’t know where he fits in now but I’m backing him to make an impact somewhere at some point soon.
As much as a like MJ I really hope he doesn't start. He was non existent against an average/poor Burton side - that was his chance. If he starts again and we look equally as toothless we can't really afford to keep dropping points at home against teams we are battling with to avoid the drop.

Play Stanno, Nombe and Brown.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I like 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 as a formation and with Harper now looking the part in adding some bite to see no reason to change. Like the rest of Exeweb, I still worry about the middle of the three without Stubbs or Diabate's commanding presence, though.

Any news about when forgotten man Tim Dieng might be back? - though will he get back in the team at present?

SaintJames

Personally I like 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 as a formation and with Harper now looking the part in adding some bite to see no reason to change. Like the rest of Exeweb, I still worry about the middle of the three without Stubbs or Diabate's commanding presence, though.

Any news about when forgotten man Tim Dieng might be back? - though will he get back in the team at present?
Tim is at least a month away I believe

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tim is at least a month away I believe
Not three weeks :unsure:

Not three weeks :unsure:
He will be next week

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think there will be games where we need the extra midfielder but Bristol Rovers shouldn't be one of them so I hope we are brave enough to play the same attacking front 3, even if Harry Kite is available.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
No need to change anything after Saturday it worked so well….same side as at FGR.
Apart from the element of surprise as I'm sure Joey will have got his crack analysts watching it

SaintJames

his crack analysts watching it
Is that a new p/t job Joey is building up then?

Bridgy 81

As well as of course focussing on our team set up and tactical plan it may also be worthwhile ensuring our ball boys and girls are drilled to do whatever is guaranteed to most irritate Joey like the one at Rovers apparently did last week.