• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridgy 81

Sorry Bridgy - I was being flippant. The reference to change management in the quote from one of the new appointees at Oxford put me in mind of some of my colleagues who work in that sphere; and I figured, on the balance of probabilities, that the silly project management puns on people in football might chime with others who'd stumbled across that sort of terminology in their day-to-day lives. If it had been funnier the niche terminology might have been worth it!
Not a problem and certainly no need to apologize.
You're welcome, like others, to say whatever you want to on here (within reason) but I also reserve my right to not understand most of what people post!

budegrecian

PRINCE II is Projects IN Controlled Environment. Project Management system used in the civil service a lot.
Remember the course......There's a week of my life I'll never get back!

Nigel E

Remember the course......There's a week of my life I'll never get back!
*shudder*

Same here.

That said, not as bad as the zealots that advocate Six Sigma. That's near enough a cult. They award themselves "black belts" and the like.

Anyway, sorry, wildly off-topic

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I seem to remember that Oxford were looking at a new ground. It would be helpful for them to be independent but where the money would come from I've no idea.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
*shudder*

Same here.

That said, not as bad as the zealots that advocate Six Sigma. That's near enough a cult. They award themselves "black belts" and the like.

Anyway, sorry, wildly off-topic
I can't remember where I came across Six Sigma in my professional life, but it happened at some point.

I'm Prince II qualified (lapsed - was about 10 years ago), and have used the skills gained in it precisely zero times since.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a random (but L1 related) thought but I wonder if Cheltenham (or even the Vegans) might now be eyeing the now vacated Six ways as a venue?
(A decade ago maybe Kidderminster or Hereford might have been in the market but since their fall from grace????)

I would be intrigued to learn Mr Long's more local views on the future of that (seemingly rather nice looking and well-connected venue)

dontpassback

That would be a good shout,but I doubt if vince has given up on his wooden structure just yet.

Grecian2K

Thinking about it the A44 runs from Oxford to Worcester if the varsity boys are after a new home?

A "bit of a long poke" I know (and not the best road to drive) but distance didn't stop a move from West London to Milton Keynes, did it

CC

I seem to remember that Oxford were looking at a new ground. It would be helpful for them to be independent but where the money would come from I've no idea.
They’d better not. I saw them play once at the Manor Ground and if a team then has 2 new stadia in my spectating life I will feel extra old.

Colesman Ballz

They’d better not. I saw them play once at the Manor Ground and if a team then has 2 new stadia in my spectating life I will feel extra old.
In the Vegans case, if Vince gets the new "wooden shack" built it will be 3 grounds already this century ! Don't think that even a zimmer frame will help you then ! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.