• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sides on the Bank

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably a figure some way north of the scoreboard cost and we all know the debate that caused. At least the scoreboard is beneficial to 3 sides of SJP.
Sides on the Big Bank would be beneficial to all sides of the ground and the team due to the increased noise and atmosphere.

The bank makes a decent noise as it is, but if the acoustics could be improved with sides on it then I'm all for a cost analysis. If the right materials can be shown to make a significant improvement to channelling the noise and the cost is no more then 250k then its worth looking into.

Andy_H

Sides on the Big Bank would be beneficial to all sides of the ground and the team due to the increased noise and atmosphere.

The bank makes a decent noise as it is, but if the acoustics could be improved with sides on it then I'm all for a cost analysis. If the right materials can be shown to make a significant improvement to channelling the noise and the cost is no more then 250k then its worth looking into.
It couldn't be justified if your cost is anywhere near that as long as we're quibbling about there not being enough money in the playing budget, £250k would get you a couple of decent forwards/midfielders or defenders.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should have put a front on it against Burton.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It couldn't be justified if your cost is anywhere near that as long as we're quibbling about there not being enough money in the playing budget, £250k would get you a couple of decent forwards/midfielders or defenders.
We're a club that is meant to exist for the fans. The majority stand in the bank. It would be a beneficial additional all round, more consistent noise and less wind wiping through.

Given that the BB punters aren't even allowed a bar it would be nice to help lift the area of the ground that gets behind the team the most for once. Rather than fluffing the hospitality, away fans and sitters. If any area of the ground has been sold short, it's the Bank.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
250k could get a decent forward for 2 seasons maximum, ground improvements last a lot longer.

notos

Sides on the big bank would make a considerable difference regarding atmosphere. Oxford had sides from what I remember, and Argyle obviously have the best setup for acoustics with the 'C' shape stadium with the sides on either end.
Atmos has been on and off so far this season. Seemed to be a good group going towards the end of last season but not much too much so far this year other than the drum carrying on. Anyone know what's going on? Old RL lads still knocking about?

tom_ecfc

plus the wind would turn them into two giant sails which would put a huge strain on fixings.
Gives me flashbacks to the game a few years ago when the wind nearly took the roof of the BB off, everyone in the stand went quiet and just looked up in horror!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Gives me flashbacks to the game a few years ago when the wind nearly took the roof of the BB off, everyone in the stand went quiet and just looked up in horror!
Millwall at home on a Tuesday evening?

tom_ecfc

Not Millwall from my memory, was around 4/5 years ago…

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wettest match I ever attended.