• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Simba3011

Artell, Woodman or Gill for me

red1

This would also bring huge marketing to the club as well. We would be recognized throughout English football for being the first professional league team to be managed by a female,
😂😂

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
As for Tisdale you’d instantly divide the fan base again, let’s not forget we voted to remove him from his position, plus loads of non-trust members hated him. I was against his removal at the time, but I’m not stupid enough to see how much of an issue bringing him back would cause! It ended at the right time and that chapter should stay closed.
This is very much revisionism. We very much did not.

The vote was to serve notice on his roller, not his employment, which he chose to end by not accepting a new contract, as was his right.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is very much revisionism. We very much did not.

The vote was to serve notice on his roller, not his employment, which he chose to end by not accepting a new contract, as was his right.
He then threw his toys out of his pram and went public in an interview with a Times journalist.

Max Payne 2

I wonder if we could afford the ex-Forest green manager who Watford have toyed with and discarded. I do hope it works out for MT at Rotherham, and not frying pan into the fire as they say.

Boyo

The Exeter manager's job is unlike any other job in the league. Not only will there be objectives in terms of league position, there will be requirements to continue to generate cash through the sale of players. That requires us to sell players at the right price, but also give youngsters opportunities in the team. Most managers only have to worry about league position. It's a unique job and obviously an inside candidate would clearly have an advantage.

Leads

What about Abbie Britton from the women's team? Doing a great job on a very limited budget.

Clearly knows the club and environment, and unlikely to be a costly appointment.
Might even silence the fans who think it’s appropriate/funny to sing “get your tits out for the lads” at a visiting physio 😕

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about Abbie Britton from the women's team? Doing a great job on a very limited budget.

Clearly knows the club and environment, and unlikely to be a costly appointment.
Sorry but come on...

As well as the Ladies seem to be doing in their division it's a bit of a different level of standard to put it politely.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wash your mouth out with soap! What was the score against Argyle last time we played them?
Don't crap on MT's record by suggesting Argyle got a consolation goal!;)
I, 4-1, am thoroughly ashamed with myself!

logman

Managers appointed since Trust ownership:

2003 Eamonn Dolan - The right man for the job at that time. Instrumental in bring a sense of pride and commitment back to the club. Galvanised the fan base in our time of need.
2004 Alex Inglethorpe - Played a huge part in saving the club by masterminding our 2005 FA cup run and 'that' draw at Old Trafford. Popular amongst fan base. Now Acadamy Manager at Liverpool
2006 Paul Tisdale - Promotion back into the football league. Promotion to League One. Equal highest ever finish in the league. 4 play-off finals at Wembley (including our first ever appearance at Wembley). Beat the scum multiple times.
2018 King Matt Taylor - Reconnected the fanbase and team after Tisdale's slightly sorry end. A steady hand during the trials of Covid. 1 play-off final at Wembley. Beat the scum 4-1. Promotion to League One. Very decent start in League One.

Essentially, a bleddy good track record. I'm just going to trust the system on this one and will get behind whoever they see fit to appoint.
Might even silence the fans who think it’s appropriate/funny to sing “get your tits out for the lads” at a visiting physio 😕
I cringed when I heard that from The Big Bank. Barnsley already face an FA charge for the same chants to the same physio earlier this season so I think we could be facing a similar charge.