• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Southampton U21s - EFL Trophy match day thread. 7pm kick off

GrecianHarry

Not sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't want him to play as it will be giving him game time with us. Probably depends on the loan deal though.

GrecianHarry

We often try to guess the team - some of which has been done on the build up thread.

Shall we also guess who will be manager/in charge/selecting/coaching the team tonight?
Fairly similar to what has alreadt been said.

Brown
Simmons, King, James
Daniels, Borges, Chauke, Iseguan
Jay
Smith, Cox

Sowden, Joce, Caprice, Collins, Billington, J Brown, Stansfield

tonykellowfan

Not sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't want him to play as it will be giving him game time with us. Probably depends on the loan deal though.
I thought it was a standard rule in football that a loan player cannot play against his parent club?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depending on who exactly is already in South Yorkshire, I'm guessing Nicky Ajose may well be involved in the coaching team tonight.
Pitch is wet - probably playing ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am liking the back story of the ref.

Did his Dad ref us many, many years ago ?

Martin Weiler

His Dad certainly did ref us. I remember he was in charge for our Conference game at Forest Green on 13 Sept 2003. Boiling hot day as we really got our season going with a 5-2 win. Singh sent Glenn Cronin off but three late goals including a double from Sean Devine did the business.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
His Dad certainly did ref us. I remember he was in charge for our Conference game at Forest Green on 13 Sept 2003. Boiling hot day as we really got our season going with a 5-2 win. Singh sent Glenn Cronin off but three late goals including a double from Sean Devine did the business.
One of my favourite City away days; it was our first season in the Conference and that result made us all think promotion would be a cakewalk and we'd soon be leaving behind tinpot clubs like Forest Green.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Brown
Simmons, King, James
Jay
Smith, Cox

Given events elsewhere it will be interesting to see if Scott plays or even if he is at SJP tonight.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Brown
Simmons, King, James
Jay
Smith, Cox

There is the '4 qualifying outfield players' rule to comply with. That includes anyone with over 40 career first team starts (Jay,Smith) and anyone on loan from a Premiership or Category 1 academy (Chauke - if he's allowed to play as he's on loan from the opposition!)

Or anyone who started the last game or starts the next. I think we'd need one or two more first teamers to start to comply with these rules (and avoid a fine!)

Simba3011

Good to see Grounds and Kite back (and that Flitcroft hasn't left yet)